My regular readers may or may not have noticed that I finally added a Hire Me Tab to GrowMap. This is something that every blogger who has services to offer – and that would be more of us than you might first suspect (read on) – should have a page dedicated to any skills they have developed that they wish to use to benefit others.
Kiesha wrote a blog post last January on how to market your services that provides tips on how to create your page and what other steps to take to improve your blog and maximize your potential for generating paid work. I used her tips to make sure I didn’t forget anything on my own Hire GrowMap page.
If you don’t share what you have to offer, your readers will never know they could have hired you. Even more importantly, when you publicly post what kind of work you’re interested in your social media savvy blogging collaborators will know what kind of inquiries to send your way and when to recommend you.
I can already hear some bloggers feeling “funny” about posting price rates and services, so to further persuade you (and to serve as examples to use when writing your own page), here are some of the Hire Me pages created by respected and admired bloggers:
- NEW: Kristi Hines ~ @Kikolani ~ one of the most popular bloggers we know and love and a very close collaborator of mine announced Oct 31, 2011 that she is now accepting work as a Freelance Writer and Online Marketing Consultant.
- Michelle Mangen ~ @mmangen ~ Michelle (with two ls) offers Virtual Assistant Services of all kinds including virtual bookkeeping, creating Excel spreadsheets, social media management and admin tasks. She has many exceptional recommendations on LinkedIn.
- Michele Welch ~ @NewBizBlogger ~ Michele (with one l) offers Online Business Training and WordPress Installations.
- Ana Hoffman ~ @WebTrafficCafe ~ Ana offers consulting covering EVERYTHING online including Blog Audits, Product Reviews and Online Marketing and Business Blog Consulting,
- Donna Fontenot ~ @DonnaFontenot ~ Donna has separate sites for her eBusiness Coaching and WordPress installation services and links to them from her primary blog.
- Donna Anderson ~ @SheWritesALot ~ This Donna is a freelance writer offering her skills to businesses, online newspapers, and other bloggers.
- Kiesha ~ @krenee76 and @WeBlogBetter ~ Blog Setup, Copy-writing, Editing and Blog Consulting Services
- Char Polanosky ~ @charpolanosky ~ WordPress customization and Social Media Strategy
- Corinne Edwards ~ @miraclady ~ Media Coach (Corinne teaches how to be interviewed by the media – NOT coaching on how to use Social Media)
- Irene Koehler ~ @IreneKoehler ~ LinkedIn Profile Optimization
- Neal Schaffer – @NeilSchaffer ~ Contact Neal about his Social Media Workshops or consider him for your next Social Media Keynote Speakers gig.
- Marshall Sponder ~ @WebMetricsGuru ~ No one I’ve seen knows more about Social Media Analytics, Monitoring and Measuring Solutions than Marshall. Check out his new Social Media Analytics Book.
Most businesses needing bloggers may never to think to just
ask those who contribute on the blogs they read most.
YOU have to make it OBVIOUS when you are interested in offering blog outreach services or becoming a paid or regular contributor on other blogs.
If all of these bloggers share what they do, why shouldn’t you? I encourage you to get your information published – and soon.
P.S. It is best to put specific prices on your services. For reasons WHY read my post on How to Get More Freelancing Work.
- P.P.S. Did I forget to include your hire me page OR did I link to you and you would prefer different anchor text? Just let me know and I’ll edit this post.
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- Greatest eCommerce Competitive Risks to Small Businesses - April 12, 2019
- Facebook Live AMA: Zoho CEO Sridhar Vembu Live from Zoholics Thursday 4/11/19 10 ET - April 9, 2019
- Twitter Chats: Why Small Businesses Should Use Them - March 27, 2019