HOW TO TWITTER
Many ask How Does Twitter Work?
But that isn’t really what you need to know to learn how to use Twitter.
The most important thing to remember about Twitter and other social media sites is that they are SOCIAL.
It isn’t about broadcasting or advertising. It is about interacting and relationships.
You do NOT have to live on Twitter like I do to benefit from using it.
- Just pop in whenever you have a little time.
- Click on @mentions and answer any tweets that came to you.
- Type your username into the search box and answer any tweets you’re interested in that mention you.
- Be helpful to others.
- Share and retweet what interests you.
Special thanks to Julie Weishaar at NewHorizons123.com for turning my Twitter Best Practices post into the
SlideShare above. If you want your content turned into a SlideShare or video, contact Julie here.
TWITTER BEST PRACTICES
Everything you to know from the basics to advanced Twitter strategies to becoming a major influencer.
- How to Get Started on Twitter and the most common Twitter Term Definitions
- What NOT to Tweet on Twitter
- What TO Tweet on Twitter
- Use Twitter Lists so you can find what you want and still follow those who follow you – and why you should
- *** COLLABORATORS be sure you do this using TwitterFeed or any other Twitter management solution you use: How to Use Twitterfeed for a consistent Twitter presence
- *** COLLABORATORS also do this: Strategy for getting more Twitter followers interested in YOUR niche
- Join us on JustRetweet where influential bloggers support each other with Twitter retweets
- Better Twitter Retweets
- Twitter Tools for Managing Multiple Twitter Accounts
- Geo-targeting Twitter – also see How to Use Twellow
- Twitterquette – Twitter Etiquette – Twitter Feeds are NOT Burger King – Why Everyone Can Not Have It THEIR Way
- Twitter Fail – Why You Should NOT Just Keep Tweeting About Your Business
- Twitter Limits – What they are and what to do if you hit them.
- Twitter Study: New Data: How To Get More Clicks, Retweets and Followers
- Twitter Local for Business: How to Geo Target Twitter for Small Business Local Social Media
- How to get Twitter Cards Working on Your Site ~ Why and How You Need to Source and Push Amazing Visuals to Twitter
- 4 Valuable Ways You Will Benefit Using Twitter Now
- 5 Effective Tips to Maximize Twitter Advertising
- NEW: How to Use Twitter Advanced Search Like a Pro
CRITICAL for BLOGGERS: Put Your Twitter UserName on your BLOG!!!!
Twitter How-To Resources
- Hubspot: How to Create a Custom Twitter Background
- NEW: Twitter’s New Design: The Marketers How To Guide
People who are influencers on Twitter and who write blogs can create a better world for us all. If you’re serious about being influential I encourage you to contact me and to follow the other influencers I linked to in my Small Business Advice post. Want more? See my lists of Exceptional Bloggers with Influence on Twitter.
[This post was originally published March 4, 2011; It was updated and republished on 9/28/15]
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- Regular Live Online Small Business Events Tues and Wed - April 11, 2021
- Small Business Websites: How to Make Yours More Compelling [Infographic + Video] - April 8, 2021
- Career Choices: How to Find Work in the Remote Economy [Infographics] - March 15, 2021