My thanks to those who are making submitting their Top Ten Favorite Users of FriendFeed a priority. The first submission is already in and Derek Semmler’s FriendFeed choices are excellent. I first found Derek at StumbleUpon so I was pleasantly surprised to see he has included many of my old SU favorites in his FriendFeed list. Some of them I hadn’t found yet at FriendFeed.
I know we’re all busy so I want to remind those reading this of the good participating in challenges like our Favorite Top Ten FriendFeed Friends Challenge can do for you and others:
- Gain more readers – Isn’t that why we write? To share what we’ve learned with anyone else who is interested? You want them to find you, right?
- Learn new skills – There is already someone who knows what you want to learn. Why reinvent the wheel when they’re willing to share what they know?
- Increase Your Social Networking Velocity – Those you follow online are not created equal. The more power users you know the faster your own networks will grow – exponentially instead of serially!
- Maintain Relationships – FriendFeed is far superior for having real online conversations to any other Social Networking site we’ve seen.
- Converse with Enormously Popular Bloggers – There are some people who are so successful – and so busy – that the only place you’re likely to ever have an actual interaction with them – much less an extended conversation – is on FriendFeed.
Why can you talk to the rich and famous on FriendFeed? Because it is THE best place to talk to anyone. Not using FriendFeed yet? It is really easy. Start here:
- The Unofficial Guide to FriendFeed Part 1: What Makes FriendFeed Special?
- The Unofficial Guide to FriendFeed Part 2: Getting Started
Even if you’re just getting started you CAN participate in our Top Ten Favorite FriendFeed Users Challenge! Here’s how:
- Check out FriendFeed Lists others have posted, visit those FriendFeed users and select those who write what you’re interested in
- Use the links at ffholic to find FriendFeed’s Most Popular, Most Discussed, Most Liked, Most Active, or Most Commented.
- Search ffholic to search entries, users and rooms for the subjects you are interested in. You’re bound to find at least ten favorites from among the many users of FriendFeed.
- Have a blog or site? Maximize the benefit of entering by posting your list on your own site and then adding your link in the comments of the FriendFeed Challenge.
- No site? Add your Top Ten list directly into the FriendFeed Challenge comments.
You can make your list really useful to yourself and others by researching the niches you are interested in and making your list niche specific. Can’t find enough in one niche? Feel free to subdivide your list into several niches, or your niche and top Friends. Use your imagination. We’re looking forward to hearing from YOU!
Additional Resources: Why Use Social Networking?:
- Why Use Social Media – How Social Media benefits your other strategies such as link building, SEO, and building and maintaining relationships.
- Why Social Networking – Linda Roeder’s About.com page explaining various aspects of Social Networking and Niche Marketing.
- Washington Post: Business Gets Personal Online – Tips from three Social Media Strategy Firms
- How to Promote Your Blog Using Social Networking
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- Grow Your Small Business: Video Replays and Live Event Invitation - April 25, 2021
- Career Choices: How to Find Work in the Remote Economy [Infographics] - April 15, 2021
- Regular Live Online Small Business Events Tues and Wed - April 11, 2021