I don’t usually take the time to out spammers but in the case of this particular company I am making an exception because their methods are likely to cost businesses even more time than spam already does.
They ask questions in blogs that are highly relevant to their business, requesting recommendations on products and even quotes which are likely to have those businesses spending time answering them. By the questions they ask it is obvious they are very intelligent.
Maybe they will be intelligent enough to be monitoring Social Media or search engine results for searches on their name and realize that their strategy WILL damage their reputation and IS stealing the time of the businesses where they comment.
They have been persistently hitting Florida Millwork company’s blog that I manage. So many questions came from that one domain that is was obvious they are spammers.
Here are some examples so you can see how a business could think they are real inquiries: Any tips or tricks for getting new trim and millwork to fit together at the miters?
- Any tips or tricks for getting new trim and millwork to fit together at the miters?
- Hi I have a quick question. What color should go below chair rail, if above it is 3 inch green and off white vertical stripes?
- I need some input on how to best construct nine foot tall wood exterior doors?
- What colors look good in a kitchen with white cabinets and a chair rail?
- How do I install hardwood or laminate flooring?
- Which of these woods last the the longest outside in a Texas Gulf Coast area?
- If wood from a cut oak tree is very dense, does that mean it’s good for furniture making?
If they had only asked one question no doubt the helpful folks at Good Millwork would have wasted valuable time answering or even quoting prices based on their inquiries.
Fortunately I caught them immediately and delete everything they submit. I am sharing this here to hopefully save at least a few of the other businesses they spam from wasting their valuable time.
Spammers are thieves of the worst sort because they steal our TIME and TIME is the one thing we can NOT buy or replace.
Maybe they didn’t think through the consequences of their actions and would like to reform their evil ways or the owner of that site is not aware of what is being done on their behalf. If they change their ways they should let me know and I’ll update this post.
They use many different names, keywords and email addresses and different pages on the researchmyname.com domain.
IP address used: 126.96.36.199
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- Greatest eCommerce Competitive Risks to Small Businesses - April 12, 2019
- Facebook Live AMA: Zoho CEO Sridhar Vembu Live from Zoholics Thursday 4/11/19 10 ET - April 9, 2019
- Twitter Chats: Why Small Businesses Should Use Them - March 27, 2019