With online sales expected to decline along with the economy, ecommerce stores will be seeking ways to reduce overhead. Here are some strategies I have had advertisers implement to reduce costs and increase profitability when using shopping search engines and comparison sites:
When paying for clicks from shopping sites:
1. If possible, remove from that feed inexpensive products that get tons of clicks when the profit margins do not more than cover the income generated.
2. Slightly increase prices on inexpensive items so your products are NOT being featured in the top positions.
3. Slightly decrease prices on high dollar items when you DO want your products to be featured in the top positions.
Don’t assume that all conversions sent by shopping sites are due to that site. Because Google Analytics and most other common analytics programs attribute conversions to the LAST click that buyer made, if someone finds what they want via ppc ad or on your site and then goes to do a price comparison, the shopping site gets credit for the sale but did not really generate it.
- NEW: Ecommerce Mistakes That Make You Look Like An Amateur
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- Free Mentoring: How to Use the Inexpensive CRM Bigin to Increase Income - December 9, 2020
- How to Create a Blog to Promote Your Services - December 9, 2020
- Influencer Marketing Guide For Maximum Business Growth - November 26, 2020