Do you run an eCommerce store? Are you looking for ways to boost your online store sales? Ranking better than your competitors on a search engine results page (SERP) is a must in order to clinch the market.
But what if you don’t know what will actually get you to the top of the SERP? Or what if you are still following old and slow-to-respond techniques that will get you nowhere near the top of the search rankings page?
As time has passed, SEO techniques have changed. Far better methods and guides have evolved in the market. These techniques offer better results more speedily so that you can rank well.
In this article, you’ll discover five must-follow SEO techniques that work faster for your eCommerce website. They will help you achieve better results than your competitors in a short time.
1. Complete Your SEO Audit for Your ECommerce Website
No website can rank well on a SERP unless you kick-start the site in the right way. An SEO audit of your eCommerce site allows you to analyze the reasons behind low traffic count on your website. You can also identify the actual reasons for your low sales.
Why is your website performance so important? A survey found that 79% of web shoppers who have trouble with website performance say they won’t return to the site to buy again. Around 44% of them would tell a friend if they had a poor experience shopping online.
You can use auditing tools such as SEMrush and Seoptimer to identify critical errors on your website and find out how to avoid these errors.
Analyze each and every aspect of your website and its pages. Here are a few points you need to consider while doing an SEO audit:
- Do all pages contain relevant and fully optimized meta tags?
- Are all pages and their content optimized for your target keywords?
- Do the URLs of all your pages work fine and follow search engine guidelines?
- Do all your images contain alt tags (a must for eCommerce websites)?
- Are you using links properly within your content?
2. SEO Optimized Landing Page
Now it’s time to optimize landing pages for your products. Creating an SEO optimized landing page is a must if you are looking to improve your sales and lead generation.
In short, the more and better-optimized landing pages you create for your users, the more traffic you’ll get. And the better your website sales will be.
Go the extra mile to create attractive landing pages. You can drive traffic through press releases, SEO link building, and other forms of marketing.
Here’s a perfectly optimized eCommerce landing page:
Here are some key factors that play a pivotal role in strong landing pages:
- Informative title tags (use your primary keyword)
- Useful and informative product descriptions
- Appealing calls-to-action, such as to sign up for your product or service
- Providing no option for navigation (if you are looking for users to stay on your page!)
3. Make Sure Your Website Is Mobile Friendly
Mobile friendliness plays a huge role when it comes to eCommerce websites. Whether or not you get a lot of traffic and sales depends on how your website is behaving on mobile.
As per data released, more than 60% of searches are now performed on mobile. Last year, Google introduced an update to its search algorithm that boosts the organic search traffic of mobile responsive websites.
Here are some key elements you need to evaluate during your mobile responsiveness check:
- Are your products displayed properly on mobile?
- Is your navigation displaying properly and working fine?
- Is your method of payment working ok on mobile?
- Does your content display in the right order?
- Are your website and web pages mobile friendly? Check them here.
4. Organize Products Properly
If you are seriously looking to establish a brand, you need to do your research well and be thorough as you work on your website.
You need to categorize your products properly and have good website navigation so that users know where they are.
Keep your website structure simple. Make it easy for your users and search engines to find the pages on your site.
Organizing all your products by category is highly important for SEO purposes and the user experience. Note the architecture of the PetSmart website.
Let’s say you want to shop food for your cat. You go to the homepage and click “shop by pet” and select cat from a drop-down menu. Then click “Food and Treats.”
Now you have a list of their products. No product is more than three clicks away from the homepage on the PetSmart site.
5. Integrate Your Blog with Your Website
Integrating your blog with your website can offer you a great chance to beat out your competitors in the eCommerce race.
With a blog, you can better connect with your target audience and can also keep informing your readers about your current and incoming products.
At the same time, the periodic addition of relevant pages on your website will allow it to appear high on the SERP and offer a better chance to grab the attention of searchers. With the right approach to your blog, you can win half the battle against your competitors.
Strategize for Your ECommerce Store
In 2017, a successful eCommerce model depends on how you devise your strategy for promoting your website. At regular intervals, you need to analyze, track, and conduct deep research on your competitors’ activities in order to remain ahead of your rivals.
Which SEO techniques do you use? Do you want to share with us here?
Latest posts by Kunjal Panchal (see all)
- 5 Proven SEO Techniques That Can Boost Your ECommerce Store Sales - November 14, 2017
- 8 Website Design Basics That Guarantee Branding Success - June 15, 2017