Ready to help your potential visitors find you? Go to each of these FREE Local Search Engine Web sites and fill out the submission form. If you run into difficulty you can ask questions using the comment form below any post in this blog. Answers will be provided asap. Step-by-step instructions for submitting to each site will be provided as time allows.
Many sites will time-out before you can complete the submission process. It is a good idea to copy and paste the information into Notepad, Wordpad, Word, OpenOffice or any other word processing or text editor program. You will use the same information for multiple sites and may have to input it more than once on each site.
[NOTE: Before you start using the links below you will want to prepare the information you’ll need to input including descriptions of your business. You will also want to set up a way to track your submissions and confirm your listings are online and accurate.]
These are the submission pages of the best known high traffic general directories:
- Submit to Yahoo Local – major search engine Yahoo’s local directory
- Add to Google Maps – local offering by Google (the largest search engine online)
- MSN Live Search Local Listing Center – Microsoft’s local search offering
- Add to infoUSA database – powers 85% of online directories (including Yahoo! Yellow Pages) and 90% of in-car navigation
- Add Business to SuperPages – online yellow pages
- Free Listing at YellowPages – publisher of telephone books
Once you have requested listings in the major directories continue with these lesser known options:
- USCounties free business listing by county – family safe site
- Online YellowBook submission – Internet online yellow pages
- Local.com Local Search Engine
- Superior Business Network Yellow Pages
- Localeze Database Add – feeds other directories
- Submit to Open List Local Guide – online local search
We also recommend you become active in these business communities that offer FREE Local Search listings:
- Merchant Circle – See How to Add Your Business at Merchant Circle
- Yelp – See How to Get Your Free Business Listing in Yelp
Future blog posts will provide a system for compiling the information you’ll need including copy-writing the descriptions you will use plus a method for tracking your submissions. We will also provide step-by-step instructions for using each of the above sites. If you want to get a head start and run into difficulty, feel free to post questions in the comments and we will provide free assistance.
LOCAL SEARCH / SEO RESOURCES:
- Local SEO Resource Guide – EXCELLENT
- The Definitive List of Local Search Directories – Very comprehensive