This is the fourth in our series of step-by-step how-to add your business to free Local Search Directories. See the links at the end of this post to locate the first three in the series. If you use our Local Search form to gather your business information you will have everything you need for each directory.
Local Promote is more commonly called Local.com and like many other Local Search Directories they are experiencing strong growth as you can see in this Site Profile from Compete.com showing over 10 million unique visitors in both May and June of 2009. [Click on the image to see additional data on Local Promote at Compete.com]
There are only a couple of special tips necessary to complete the simple process of adding your business to Local.com:
- Phone numbers will auto-format as you type. Use numbers only (their system adds parentheses around area codes).
- You can only choose TWO categories so be sure to select carefully.
If you need assistance they offer Live Chat from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. PST or you can phone them at (888) 857-6722. Most likely they are available the same hours for phone assistance as they are for chat. The screen captures below show the information requested. Some images including the one that offers the paid upgrades can be clicked on to open the actual Local Promote page.
We are currently working on several spreadsheets for tracking Local Search engine submissions. Watch for them in upcoming posts. We highly recommend you add your business to all of the free Local Search directories available. Investing the time once provides you with free advertising indefinitely. See the Local Search and Special Offer tabs at the top of every page for additional information. Also see these other step-by-step posts:
STEP-BY-STEP LOCAL SEARCH PROCESSES:
- How to Add Your Business to Merchant Circle
- How to Add Your Free Business Listing to infoUSA
- How to Add Your Free Business Listing in Yelp
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- The Business of Women’s Sports [Infographic] - June 16, 2021
- Grow Your Small Business: Video Replays and Live Event Invitation - April 25, 2021
- Career Choices: How to Find Work in the Remote Economy [Infographics] - April 15, 2021