Instagram is a global market with over 1 billion accounts and 500 million users daily, and one of the best ways to get to this multitude is via Instagram stories.
These Instagram stories not only help you connect to your followers, but you also get to have new followers as well. The statistic has surpassed that of Snapchat which is about 190 million users viewing stories.
It means that there has been a rapid decline in the average number of feed posts published by influencers ever since, precisely because these consumers expect a more authentic connection with their brands – something which Instagram stories help to achieve quickly.
This brings out authenticity in a brand and also saves the cost of post-production.
Now that we have established the importance of Instagram stories, here are some of the best ways to make your Instagram stories profitable for you and your business:
1. Define Your Personal Instagram Style
Personal style is like branding for products, and without it, there is nothing that defines you. Just as you make a lot of effort with your Instagram posts, your Instagram stories have to follow a particular style that is unique to you alone.
You need to make efforts not only to create content that speaks for your brand but exciting content as well. Some of the things you need to take into consideration when making your Instagram stories are:
- Font choice
- Doodle or font color choice
These factors have to make your story interesting, but at the same time, it has to speak for your brand; that way, it cannot be hijacked by some wannabes.
2. Plan the Content of Your Stories
Once you have conceptualized the style you want to use for your Instagram stories, the next thing you need to do is plan your content. If the objective for your Instagram stories is not known, it is hard to keep at it. Ask yourself some of these questions:
- Is your focus generating engagement or growing your followers?
- Are you looking to generate sales?
- Is brand awareness a priority for you?
The understanding of the Why for your Instagram stories would help you create good content – one which serves the main goals and objectives.
For example, having a Call to Action in your Instagram story is a great way to generate more sales, but you need to know what type of Call to Action you need to use.
3. Get More Views on Your Instagram Stories
The next thing you need to do after all the planning is to start getting more views on your Instagram. There is no use planning and making enjoyable content without reach to encourage you.
When we talk about organic reach as well as on Instagram, one of the first things you need to focus on is Hashtags and Location tags. This way, you get dedicated space at the top of a location search result page or hashtag.
Note: never make your hashtags too small as this would make it difficult for Instagram to rank you on hashtag searches, and you might not even appear at all.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is your consistency. With the right level of consistency, you can easily drive traffic to your Instagram stories. Many people have the right idea but do not have the right amount of consistency to match.
You cannot have a million-dollar dream with a thousand-dollar work schedule, and no matter how good your plans for your Instagram page is, if you do not have the work ethic to match, you are not going anywhere.
Once you post new stories, you are jolted up to the top of your follower’s list, which creates positive content exposure for you. So, whenever you need to post, never plan to do it later because later is almost never.
4. Boost Engagement on Instagram Stories
Instagram stories have a couple of ways in which they encourage audience engagement. With some of the complications that come with boosting engagement, Instagram has a lot of creative ways that can help you increase your engagement.
Here are some of the best Instagram stories engagement boosters you can make use of to improve your engagement:
- Poll stickers: this helps to drive audience interactions giving them a reason to visit your stories as you post them.
- Emoji slider stickers: these stickers are used after a series of questions, and this helps to measure their performance after answering the questions asked.
- Question stickers: these are stickers that have gained popularity since the release in 2019. This also encourages interactions as people love to answer questions.
- Quiz stickers: this is a fun and straightforward way to encourage audience clicks. This helps to communicate your brand story, as well as enlighten your followers on a new product you just launched.
- Chat stickers: in 2019, Instagram also released another effective engagement booster known as the chat sticker. This helps you set up chat forums with up to 32 users or less. You even can pick who joins the chat so it can be a lively and engaging chat group.
- Go “Live” on Instagram: going Live on Instagram is an excellent way of boosting engagement specifically because people believe you better when they can see the face behind the brand as well as the brand itself.
5. Design Stories for Your Brand
To properly design your Instagram stories, you need to consider a lot of things such as:
- Creating a solid background: you need a good and solid background for your pictures and videos if it would stand out amongst the crowd and give your followers a new and exciting feeling.
- Increase your font size: this does not have to be too big, but big enough to catch the attention of your followers.
- Select stickers: not too much but enough to make it colorful and exciting for users and followers.
- Add music: with the right music, you can catch their attention long enough to pass your message across.
Instagram is an excellent platform for your business and with the right type of information on how to make it work for you, you might as well be on the right track to becoming the next best thing on Instagram and remember, no matter what you face, keep at it, as you have the potential of a champion.