There are an infinite number of places to promote your Web site or business in the online world. The catch is knowing which are worth your time. The purpose of this blog is to identify and share proven methods and track results. Step-by-step instructions simple enough for even those with very limited Internet experience will be added as time allows.
We will start with how to maximize your visibility where it counts: major sites your potential buyers are already using to search for you. Systematically adding your Web site or offline business to these directories can greatly increase your targeted traffic and conversions.
List your business / Web site on these four types of sites:
- Local Search Directories – major sites offering listings across the United States and possibly elsewhere – best for businesses operating in a specific geographic area (city, county, state). They usually limit your listings to your physical address.
- National or International Search Directories – best for online businesses operating across the United States or Internationally
- Local Directories – operating in specific geographic areas and not available nationally or internationally
- Niche Sites – Web sites related to your specific business or website
This blog will provide links to the Local Search and National and International Search Directories. Local Directories are specific to your geographic area and must be individually researched. Links will be provided for areas we have already worked in or on specific request.
Niche sites are best located by someone familiar with your niche market or by an exceptional online researcher able to quickly learn your area and industry. We will add information on how to do this research in the future.
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- Amazon: The Wal-Mart of the Internet - September 17, 2020
- 2020 Review: How to Use accessiBe To Make ADA Compliant Websites - September 13, 2020
- Career Choices: How to Find Work in the Remote Economy [Infographic] - August 28, 2020