Few realize that as complicated as it is to do it well, building a site is the easy part. No matter how beautiful, brilliant, or useful your site is, if no one can find it your work will come to naught. Behind the supposed secrets of SEO (Search Engine Optimization), and search engine listings, and submitting directories is one great truth: you have to make it easy for people to find you.
The secret of being found on the Internet is the same as the secret of real estate: Location, location, location. You must be sure links to your site are placed where your target audience already is!
This is not hard to do. It is very time-consuming. If you can afford to pay someone with experience and exceptional skills I highly recommend you do so because what they know will greatly increase their results.
If you can’t, just start doing it yourself and learn as you go. Any links are better than no links. Read the posts here and the links to the recommended resources if you want to learn this skill. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Beware of using automated submission sites or software. This is NOT recommended as it can cause more issues than benefits.
- All incoming links are NOT created equal. Focus on quality links from related sites. Avoid links from what many refer to as “bad neighborhoods”.
- Do NOT Buy Links – (There can be exceptions but this would be an advanced skill best avoided until you know clearly what your intent is and how it may affect your search engine placement.)
- Do NOT waste your time posting on free-for-all link sites – Few read them except for others enticed into wasting their time posting there. They are considered bad neighborhoods.
I encourage those interested in learning a very valuable skill that can allow them to make a comfortable income through helping others to focus on learning linking. If it seems overwhelming at first, become a specialist on just one part of linking. We will help anyone who is sincere learn and send them work. More on that will be posted here regularly so be sure to either subscribe or visit often.
- Introduction to Linking and Incoming Link Concepts
- Effective Strategies to Generate Incoming Links
- Increase Your Site Traffic Through Incoming Links
- Sources of Incoming Links
- How to Get Great Incoming Links – Excellent article for understanding which links are good quality and which should be avoided.
- Increase Link Popularity: How Important are Incoming Links to Your Search Engine Positions
- How Many Quality Back Links Does Your Site Have?
- 7 Link Building Mistakes to Avoid at All Costs – Like us, this writer marches to a different SEO drummer.
- Incoming Links – The Value They Give to a Web Site
- Submitting Your Site to Search Engine: What NOT to Do!
- Search Engine Optimization with WordPress – Like many articles online, this one is heavy on the what but light on the how
- Directory of Directories – Check here to see if there is a directory of sites for your niche
If you can afford to hire the best I highly recommend it. Here are some specialists who are extremely well respected in their respective niches:
- Link Building: Eric Ward – mention link building expert to anyone and his name will come up. Although we have never personally used his services, he comes highly recommended by other exceptional specialists we know personally.
- Link Baiting: Lyndon Antcliff CornwallSeo – Lyndon is the best known expert linkbaiter – well respected in Search Engine Marketing (SEM) circles.
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- The Business of Women’s Sports [Infographic] - June 16, 2021
- Grow Your Small Business: Video Replays and Live Event Invitation - April 25, 2021
- Career Choices: How to Find Work in the Remote Economy [Infographics] - April 15, 2021