Website Performance Factors
- Increase page speed
- Adapt to Googles liquid landscape
- Create content that equates to value
- Use the Renovation Method
- Earn high-quality backlinks
- Master your on-page optimization
- Brand your business
2) Adapt to Google’s Liquid LandscapeThe search landscape has become slightly less predictable by producing a variety of search displays on the first page of results. The rotating features that occupy the top spots on the page alter the potential for success for any given query. The items that tend to occupy the top positions for the first page of results range from:
- featured snippet
- knowledge panel with questions and answers
- local listings
- advertisement carousels
- video carousels
- paid advertisements
- organic listings
3) Create Content that Equates to ValueCreating great content is the foundation of every great website. More emphasis continues to be placed on content due to higher expectations from website visitors as well as search engines. The bar has been raised for what defines great content. In order to captivate your audience, there has to be value found in the content you produce. This goes beyond adding an image to your text. Images do help readers retain 65% of information as opposed to 10% of what they read. Value is found in helpful information that contributes to the quality of life a person experiences. Providing a high level of quality in your content requires researching what will resonate with your clients by adding value to their everyday lives. The trend has been to provide long-form, in-depth content that teaches and informs a reader about a specific subject in its entirety. How-to guides, case studies, and infographics are only a few examples of the structures for building evergreen content. This type of content is more widely shared and generates a steady stream of traffic over time. Creating content that connects with clients starts with a focused content strategy which is effectively developed through keyword research. Identifying what people want when they search specific phrases is one aspect that gives businesses insight on how to deliver that information. Researching what people are experiencing in social media groups and forums provides insight on specific topics and issues to include in content. Use this to respond to your target audience’s problems with real solutions. Search engines are now reading the content of an entire website to determine the ability of the site to satisfy search intent. Google uses these stats as an indication or how well a website is satisfying what users want for specific keyword searches:
- dwell time (how long a visitor remains on a website)
- bounce rate (the percentage of visitors that back out of a website before clicking further)
- click through rate
4) Use the Renovation MethodThis concept is contributing to a more competitive environment in search and forcing websites to provide more value in the content they are producing. The Renovation Method is a content writing template that outlines the planning and creation of content. The strategy includes setting routines such as daily reading to stay up to date on the latest trends and points being discussed. Renovating content means matching and exceeding the standard of quality set by your competition by covering the topic more thoroughly. With the addition of new information, a reader can take away more value after reading content that has been renovated. Improvements can be made in a number of ways such as the optimization of the content, the level of engagement, amount of information provided, entertainment value, etc.
5) Earn High-quality BacklinksGrowing awareness in the search engines has wiped out many link schemes that may have worked in the past. We are now operating in an era of white hat backlinking. Backlinking remains one of the largest ranking factors in organic search results. A backlink should serve as a referral from another site with similar content that provides readers with a related source to enhance their user experience. Guest posting is a widely practiced strategy that can result in acquiring high-quality backlinks for your website. There are many high authority websites in every niche that accept guest posts. As a guest author on a reputable site, you not only gain a backlink but you gain credibility and authority in your niche.
6) Master Your On-page OptimizationIn order to maximize traffic, your on-page optimization needs to take voice search into account. The future of online searches will predominantly be screenless and that journey has been ignited by voice assistants. The major update to optimizing for voice search is providing a more conversational tone in the phrases in which your website is optimized. The featured snippets appearance has been largely influenced by voice search. 40% of searches posed as questions result in the featured snippet on the first page of results. Tagging questions and answers as titles and subtitles have increased the likelihood of being featured in position zero. Lists, tables, charts, and structured data are used as methods of optimizing for the featured snippet when applicable. To enhance on-page optimization, the use of Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) keywords are more effective than repeating a specific keyword. Over-optimization penalties are still common occurrences. Search engines have become more efficient at determining search intent and assessing the quality of your site’s content.
7) Brand your companyBrand recognition improves your click-through rate and can be the determining factor in a visitor’s decision in choosing your business over another competitor. The more comfortable a person is with your company, the more likely they are to buy from you and continue their loyalty. Successful search engine optimization campaigns result in effectively branding your business in related searches. When multiple searches are performed by the same person and in every result, they see your website, the association between your company and the product they are looking for becomes stronger. The development of a strong brand should include a story attached to the image of your business. The story should give clients an idea of how your company developed through personal experience or through how your business has helped its clients. A story will make your company more relatable by establishing a strong identity. Brand recognition leads to the phenomenon of “leapfrog clicks”. These result when a searcher skips a higher ranked website and click on yours because they recognize your brand. Take into account how the search landscape is changing the distribution of clicks as well as the way the search results are viewed. Branding will not only improve the click-through rate of your website but increase conversions through familiarity and a higher level of trust.
Latest posts by Christian Carere (see all)
- Satisfy User Intent By Establishing E.A.T. Principles - October 20, 2019
- Identify Search Intent To Fuel The Growth Of Your Business - September 25, 2019
- 7 Simple Strategies To Improve Rankings to Get More Leads From Your Website - May 27, 2019