Are you looking for a great offer to tempt people onto your email list?
Do you want repeat visitors?
Can you bear the thought of people trusting you?
Membership sites might be the way to go.
What’s the logic?
- Most of us have much more to say than can be included in a single blog post, but that is what almost all your readers will see. Most bloggers have very few regular readers compared to the number of people hitting their site.
- A membership site is a great way to build trust with readers. They can see that you are committed to solving their problems. The fact that they have signed up shows some small commitment from users, too.
- You need some incentive to persuade people to sign up for your list, why not use what you have written already on your blog.
- The value of your blog posts is perceived as increasing when they are private.
- Free membership site sounds better than a blog.
Free Membership Though?
A free membership site has fewer psychological barriers to joining than one where users are expected to pay even a token amount. You can build users’ trust once they are reading your posts regularly. They will get to know you and hopefully like you. If they don’t bond with your philosophy they will just wither away.
You can do a lot with the growing trust:
- Endorse CPA offers
- Sell advertising space
- Sell your own ebooks
- Recommend affiliate offers
Make Yourself Stand Out
As a blogger you are competing with every 16 year old blogger on the planet. With a membership site you set yourself apart as someone who has something valuable to say, as someone that people listen to.
It takes time and effort but I think it is worth it. As a blogger I feel as though I am talking to myself. I am still a blogger, but with a membership site I feel like a story teller in the back room of a pub, with an audience that is willing to become involved.