How do YOU feel when someone gives you a gift – especially a carefully selected gift that you can use regularly? Does the gift change how you feel about that person? Do you think of them every time you use it? Would YOU appreciate receiving more gifts?
Although the true meaning of Christmas is infinitely more important, the holidays do provide the perfect excuse to give anyone a gift for any reason:
- In appreciation for assistance they’ve given you
- Because you truly enjoy their company
- To serve as a regular reminder that you’re in their life
Even if you suspect that someone may be giving you a gift to enhance their own business relationship with you, wouldn’t you still appreciate the thought? I believe most people would – especially if the gift were thoughtfully chosen just for them. If there are relationships you would like to strengthen, read on.
We are not talking about promotional gifts sold in bulk although those are a good idea for promoting a business. Today we are talking about selecting a gift specifically for a particular person – something useful that they will use and that will also remind them that you were thinking of them.
I have pulled up dozens of articles on this subject and found them less than useful, so I’m going to offer my own suggestions on what I believe would make excellent business gifts – things I would appreciate receiving and would use myself.
Disclaimer: These links are to an online gift store owned by a long-time friend. This is not a paid advertisement and they are not affiliate links (although he does offer many affiliate programs and I am not opposed to using them).
I have worked with him for years and recommend him here and elsewhere because he has always been my favorite client. He is honest, dependable, and offers exceptional service. He is also intelligent and his business model allows him to offer quality products at very competitive prices. You can confirm that others share my evaluation of him by reading his testimonials.
So, yes it will benefit him if you buy from his store – but it will also benefit YOU as much or more.
That out of the way, here are some items I believe would enhance your business relationships and help you grow your business (which is, after all, what the GrowMap blog is all about).
Business Card Holders – Who doesn’t carry business cards these days? I have never seen a selection larger than the amazing variety they carry.
Many – probably most – can be engraved with a special message, their name, or monogrammed. I chose this one from the hundreds or maybe even thousands they offer for the distinctive color and room on the back for three lines of engraving.
If you want at least twenty-five you can even have your company logo and business name on the front as shown in this image and engrave a personal message on the back.
In the “old days” Corporations used to give engraved gold or silver Cross or Colibri Pens as performance awards or after so many years of service. Get free engraving on their entire selection of personalized pens and save 34% off on all Pens left in stock.
Know someone who could use a new toy for their presentations? Check out the laser pointers from $10 up to $689 for the Phire Blue Light Laser Pointer. That is some expensive light, isn’t it?
They even have a time projecting red laser. Not sure what you’d do with it (check the time in the dark?) but someone else must know, right?
WIth the number of road warriors traveling and presenting you’re bound to know someone who could use a laser pointer. $10 isn’t much to spend to enhance a relationship with your favorite presenter.
For people that spend time in an office choose from these practical desk accessories:
- Desktop Business Card Holders – unique styles – some with clocks – from $13-$230
- Desktop Pen and Clock Sets – Cross, Movado, and Bluestone Designs
- Desk Gifts – unusual items including sailboats and horses and gifts for golfers
- Blackberry Holders, PDA Stands, Cell Phone Caddies
- Desktop Organizers – many with Howard Miller TableTop clocks
For those who travel here are some ideas to make traveling more fun:
- Coffee and Tea Travel packs with insulated stainless steel thermos bottles in totes, duffels, or travel packs. (While these don’t show engraving options you could ask if they could be. They were a good idea for those who commute so we’ve included them here anyway.)
- Eliminate the time and stress of changing between time zones with an Atomic Radio Controlled Travel Alarm Clock that changes itself for you. They have a nice selection starting at only $24 with three Atomic Travel Alarm Clocks that can be engraved.
- While actually embossed rather than engraved, someone who travels will appreciate quality leather toiletry bags and travel grooming kits.
- Make the hassle of airport check-in easier with Passport Holders and Airline Ticket Holders. ($27 and up)
If you know someone on a more personal level there are far more gifts than I’ve mentioned here. I created a post in a gift idea blog I’m developing that explains all the reasons I recommend Executive Gift Shoppe and provides links to even more of their products.
See anything you like? Would you be interested in reviewing any of the gifts? Would you like to WIN free gifts or gift certificates? Leave a comment so we’ll know and we’ll be in touch.
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- Free Mentoring: How to Use the Inexpensive CRM Bigin to Increase Income - December 9, 2020
- How to Create a Blog to Promote Your Services - December 9, 2020
- Influencer Marketing Guide For Maximum Business Growth - November 26, 2020