My apologies to all my readers. I have people assisting me in restoring the hundreds of posts that are missing because of a hosting company server failure. Unfortunately, I had counted on them to manage backing up the site and although they claimed they would restore the site, there were apparently no usable backups.
We have been diligently manually restoring content because the only backup was more than a year old. We ask your patience as we train more people to help with the massive task of recreating 100s of missing posts and pages. Thank you.
This is the current status of CISPA according to Wikipedia:
- Introduced in the House as H.R. 3523 by Mike Rogers (R–MI) on November 30, 2011
- Passed the House on April 26, 2012 (248–168) (failed to become law when it did not pass the Senate in the same session)
- Reintroduced in the House as H.R. 624 by Mike Rogers (R–MI) on February 12, 2013
- Committee consideration by: House Select Committee on Intelligence
This is the old CISPA message (slightly modified):
“We are going dark on MONDAY April 22nd at 6 AM GMT for 24 hours to protest your illogical and terrorizing bill against the Internet itself. Even with the whole Internet crying out to stop this BILL, the US House of Representatives failed to do so blinded by lobbyist’s money. So we will take action ourselves and open your eyes.
We wish all popular / mainstream websites would be black until Obama promises to use his VETO power to stop this bill at Senate. Take this as a protest or a warning, as you wish. One thing is for certain, neither you or anyone else in this world can control the Internet, so don’t even try.”
Unfortunately, there do not appear to be any plugins that got updated to do this. Even Reddit has not acted (although to their credit some individual sub-reddits have). The odds are CISPA will pass and Obama will NOT veto it.
To read more about CISPA, see CyberSecurity: Where Obama and Romney Stand on Cyber-Security, DMCA, SOPA, CISPA
To create your own CISPA Blackout page in WordPress, create a new page. Go to Settings, Reading and select static page. Choose the new page you just created. Manually change back later.
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- Grow Your Small Business: Video Replays and Live Event Invitation - April 25, 2021
- Career Choices: How to Find Work in the Remote Economy [Infographics] - April 15, 2021
- Regular Live Online Small Business Events Tues and Wed - April 11, 2021