March 1, 2012 at 16:56 I published a pillar post about the Social CRM Nimble. The screen capture of the dashboard for GrowMap shown below shows the publish date in the top right corner. (Click on the image to see full size.)
- In less than an hour there were already 28 Retweets (RTs)
- Less than 2 hours later at 6:48 (18:48) there were 43 RTs
- Less than 3 hours later At 7:58 (19:58) there were 48 RTs
- About 10:00 a.m. the next day there were 62 RTs
- At 24 hours Topsy shows 71 RTs
- Noon the next day Up to 84 RTs
- Hit 100 RTs by noon Monday (4th day)
- CLICK THIS LINK >>> to Topsy to see the still growing RT total
Topsy can be used to see the number of retweets from which Twitter accounts, the actual tweets, and whether Topsy considers the Twitter user influential or highly influential.
The screen captures below were done 23-24 hours after the post was published. Topsy shows 71 Retweets of which 26 are considered influential or highly influential tweets. (Click image to see full size or use this link to see current Topsy Retweet Stats.)
TweetReach can be used to see the total impressions for each Twitter user by URL.
At 24 hours after the post went live
these are the Tweet Reach stats for the two URLs for that post combined:
Reached 170,028 people via 59 tweets
(stats from 2 additional tweets unknown*)
Exposure: 325,327 Impressions
*The free version of Tweet Reach only provides stats for the last 50 tweets.
There are two TweetReach screen captures below because this post has two URLs for promotional purposes.
- The screen capture shows that URL had reached 127,868 people via 50 tweets (There are actually 52 so stats for the oldest two are not shown in the totals – the actual totals would be higher. )
- Exposure: 254,762 Impressions
By the time I typed this at right at 24 hours since the post went live, these numbers had increased to:
- Reached 129,082 people via 50 tweets
- Exposure: 255,817 Impressions
NOTE: Only the last 50 tweets are included in these figures so they will vary on the live site and they would be higher but there is no way to know how much higher without paying for a TweetReach report
- Reached 40,936 people via 9 tweets
- Exposure: 69,510 Impressions
These statistics only reflect the activity for that post for the first twenty-four hours after it was published.
I created a retweet request at JustRetweet for that post so there WILL be additional retweets from new Twitter users.
CREATING PILLAR CONTENT
Because I create pillar content intended to attract incoming links and to be used for mentoring there will be continual new activity to that page.
The most important thing I, as your brand advocate, will do for you is to
contact influencers one-on-one to recommend your company or cause.
I will start with my closest collaborators who are most likely to be
highly interested because they know and trust me.
What REALLY WORKS is one-on-one relationships.
Those take time to build – but NOTHING works better!
That is what I want to do for you and that benefits many others, too.
IF I Were YOUR Brand Evangelist
The above is only the first step. If I were engaged to be YOUR brand advocate, my next steps would be:
- To publish at least two other pillar posts on different popular marketing blogs I already have author, editor or admin access on.
- Doing this will push the keyword phrase I am targeting and the sites I link to from these pillar posts up in the search listings. Each of these posts would also be promoted.
- If your target phrase were not then on page one at Google, I would publish as many additional supporting posts about them on different domains as necessary to put them there.
- I would then start working on additional keyword phrases in the same manner. Each post would be on a quality blog with real readers so that it is seen by real people in addition to having SEO value.
But I won’t stop there.
I will seek out influencers specific to your industry –
(and even more important for local brands – location if that applies)
establish relationships with them, and work with them
to reach the audience most likely to fulfill YOUR goals.
Every influencer I add to your network increases the reach
of every subsequent action I take on your behalf – and
can benefit all others in related networks!
The numbers in this post were accomplished with only
our current network of ~50 social media savvy influencers.
Imagine 50 influencers specific to YOUR market –
or 500 – that IS feasible – even 5000 for some markets.
In the case of Nimble and other solutions and products bloggers would use, I would encourage all my existing collaborators to use, write about and promote your solution, products or services – and they will because you have been identified as best in field.
I would mentor them, answers their questions and provide first line tech support. Your product, solution, or service would become the standard used in every blog collaboration – and I am continually adding new collaborations of as many additional influencers with quality blogs as I can identify.
I would set up Twitter searches to share the pillar content I create so that when someone is searching for what you offer, each time I share it these numbers will increase and the post will get more readers.
I can teach YOU or your team to review and respond to these Twitter searches OR as your brand advocate I can do that for you. You would not even ever have to get online if you did not want to – although it IS a good idea to particpate yourself when you can. Even ten minutes a day can be enough!
This is only the first step in creating pillar content and being a brand advocate and Twitter is only one of many social networks used to promote your brand.
BRANDING and LINK BUILDING
Besides the above I will create discussions and links to raise awareness among other influencers that the public can see discussing YOUR content. See these examples:
- Discussion going about Nimble between influencers on Google+
- Answered: What is the Best Free Way to Keep Your Contacts Organized
- Answered: What is a Good Contact Relationship Management Service for Social Media
- Answered: Recommendations on a CRM for Gmail
Comments in Blogs
- TechCrunch:http://www.bizsugar.com/Sales/top-10-crm-software-solutions-for-small-business/ Nimble Goes After Salesforce, Wants To Be The “Pandora Of Contacts”
- BizSugar: Top 10 CRM Software Solutions for Small Business
If you are ready to have a brand advocate consistently recommending you and raising your visibility AND you are a highly ethical company whose causes, products or services I believe in we can get started right away.
Are YOU the type of business I would champion?
Are you best in field and highly ethical?
See my list of brands I am actively pursuing.
For additional background info and stats on me and what type of businesses I love to champion see my Advertise on GrowMap page.
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- Ann Smarty Answers About Link Building and Featured Snippets - February 3, 2019
- Greatest eCommerce Competitive Risks to Small Businesses - January 27, 2019
- SharpSpring Free CRM is an Innovative Game-Changer - December 12, 2018