Darren Rowse is potentially the highest earning blogger and his ProBlogger blog is without doubt THE best known blog anywhere – and for good reason. He blogs about how to make money blogging. How popular is it? His posts can garner 100+ comments and leaving intelligent comments there WILL send traffic to your blog.
Even if you have no desire to blog for money directly, I am sharing his two recent posts here to encourage business owners who blog to increase sales by reaching out to other bloggers.
- The Power of Collaboration in Today’s Blogging World – 10 Reasons to Find A Blog Buddy
- How to Go About Finding a Blogging Buddy: The Power of Collaboration in Blogging
The above two links contain suggestions on how to reach out to other bloggers which can pull in readers. While this may sound difficult or even overwhelming, you can start with one small step. The only way to learn new skills is to jump in with both feet and just do it.
Here is my favorite way to reach out to related blogs: I use the Zuula Blog Search function to locate recent posts related to what I am writing. Zuula makes it easier because they rank the posts for both relevancy and recency making it faster to find the best posts quickly. Just type your search and click Blog.
Whenever I locate quality information or bloggers I add them to my latest posts by:
- Quoting the most applicable or best information in the post
- Linking to their post from the body of my post
- Adding a link – often including a review of their post, site or blog – under a reference section I add to most posts. It might be titled Additional Resources, or Reference Sites, Related Links or Related Posts. These sections add value for my readers, share great posts and sites with others, send deserving sites new visitors, and make it easy for me to find them again for my own use.
RELATED BLOGGING POSTS:
- 13 Tips on Asking Other Bloggers for Links – TIP: Be a sharp blogger and provide links to quality blog posts and blogs even before they ask.
- How to Use Blogs to Promote Your Business
- One Blogging Tip for A Beginner – Derek has a popular all-around blog that is a great example for new bloggers: money, motorcycles, and cars (and a little bit of everything else). He was recently honored by being included in the (already sold out!) new book Blog Blazers; 40 Top Bloggers Share Their Secrets. Amazon has more on order or you can get the ebook or paperbook versions directly from BlogBlazers.com.
- Blog Comment Tip: Respond to Comments or Risk Losing Subscribers
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- How to Optimize Social Media ROI Using Oktopost [VIDEO] - June 26, 2020
- 50 Places to Repurpose Web Conferences as Video Content [Infographics] - June 20, 2020
- The Truth About Buying UPC Codes [Updated June 2020] - June 11, 2020