What do dog collars have to do with Yahoo Stores? That is one of many products that Rob Snell sells at his Gun Dog Supply Yahoo store. Why should you care? How about because his 14 Years of experience increased his family store’s income by $10,354,767 – and more importantly – he is really good at teaching HOW he did it!
When I needed answers about a Yahoo Store Product Feed issue, I immediately contacted Rob Snell because he is THE Yahoo Store expert.
Rob wrote the book on Yahoo Stores – literally – Yahoo Stores for Dummies – but that isn’t all. No one knows as much about Yahoo Stores as Rob because he has what I consider the ideal background for really knowing how to increase sales and optimize an ecommerce store:
Rob and his family own a highly successful store and handle every aspect of what that takes from Web development to usability to conversion optimization to marketing.
There is one key to how I do what I do: I figure out who knows the most about what I have questions on and I go directly to them for the answers I need. That is where Rob comes in and why you’re reading this post today. Just this week, Rob has shared what every ecommerce store owner (and blogger who sells affiliate products or uses an ecommerce plugin) needs to know.
He tells you EXACTLY HOW he increases sales in his store.
So many people are big on the “what” but don’t give you enough HOW to actually get it done. THAT makes Rob leader of the pack and leaders are the ones who can increase YOUR sales too!
Want to make more money? Get serious about these specific strategies:
- Increase your sales using Rob’s method for determining exactly what pages of your site generate the most revenue, how to prioritize which pages to focus on, and how to do ecommerce SEO.
- Monday Rob was on WebmasterRadio and shared these SEO Mistakes Retailers Make. Learn from Rob’s 14+ years of experience and be glad you’re not taking notes! Use the transcript to review and implement his tips.
- You NEED to know how to do ecommerce conversion optimizaton. Play and replay that presentation. Take notes. Then DO what Rob teaches you do.
As if that wasn’t enough, here are the tips Rob shared – in just one comment – in that post I mentioned about Yahoo feeds:
Way back in 1996, I started looking at Viaweb stores which in turn became Yahoo! Stores. They’ve been doing images this way since before there WERE datafeeds to shopping engines.
- My store loads 2-3x as fast as my competitors‘ because of Yahoo’s image servers. Because of this I generate AT LEAST tens of thousands of dollars a year, maybe more than that. It’s hard to tell without slowing your store down…
- The secret is to PUBLISH often. If you don’t, your store is STALE, and not just to datafeeds. Google LOVES fresh content.
Most of the hundreds of stores I’ve worked on PUBLISH on a pretty regular basis. We publish our stores at LEAST once a day. If you are always adding content to your stores, updating inventory, changing prices, featuring items, adding reviews, then your feeds will be fresh because you publish often enough…
If you don’t publish very often, say once every few months, then you have more problems than images not showing up in old datafeeds. You should be adding content at least weekly.
Yahoo! Stores aren’t perfect, but there are positives and negatives to any e-commerce solution. I don’t think Yahoo! is doing anything criminal by not explaining how their image serving works, and what the upsides and downsides are, but thanks to sites like this there are plenty of resources for all of us!
When it comes to increasing sales in ecommerce stores, Rob is on my short list of who’s who. If you have a Yahoo Store he is THE person you need to learn from wherever he publishes and speaks. (Hey Rob, I need a link to your upcoming speaking engagements and where you’re publishing regularly these days!)
ECOMMERCE CONVERSION TIPS:
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- Why Going Back to College to Learn Digital Marketing Is For Dinosaurs [Train in 6 Weeks; Get an iPAD Mini4] - October 5, 2016
- ClickMeeting Provides a Creative and Simple Webinar Solution - September 23, 2016
- Simplilearn Digital Marketing Training: Get Qualified Now for High Paying In-Demand Jobs - August 5, 2016