I just replied to an email I had missed last month from Will at Charlotte Fence Company. Will looked at the source code for GrowMap and when he saw nofollow tags in it he thought we were not really Certified DoFollow. It is easy to see how someone might think that so I want to share more details with my readers.
The best WordPress Themes automatically nofollow certain unimportant fields and since we use Thesis that is true here. The nofollow tags Will is seeing are on the Twitter links, dates, and reply links in the comments – not on your anchor text links to your sites.
The best way to determine whether a site adds no follow to links to yours is by using a tool such as the link checker in the SEOBook Toolbar. If you already have the Toolbar look for the red double-arrow to the right of the orange RSS feed icon as shown in the image below:
If you have the toolbar turned on (click on the word SEOBook on the far left of the toolbar to toggle the tool off and on) and click on the red Highlight NoFollow Links icon, all nofollowed links on the page will be highlighted in red.
As you can see in the example image below, Thesis has automatically nofollowed the links for reply, dates, and to your Twitter account and the links to your sites using your selected anchor text and the CommentLuv featured posts are dofollow:
Our source code is visible, but if you want to see the source code on sites where it isn’t use this View HTML Source Code Viewer. Some sites move their source code off-page as part of advanced SEO strategies.
We recommend you check the status of the many links on your blog or site using the free SEOBook Toolbar of one of the other alternatives. It is not a bad idea to nofollow unimportant links.
NEW: Have you seen Kikolani’s latest DoFollow list?
High PR DoFollow Blogs Including .EDU sites
Related articles by Zemanta
- KeywordLuv: How Using It Benefits Us All (growmap.com)
- 35 WordPress Plugins I Use Today (ariwriter.com)
- Search Engine Positions: Easy Free Ways to Track (growmap.com)
- Free Thesis Skin and How to Install Them (shoutmeloud.com)
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- Twitter Changes Where to Find More Tweets; BuzzSumo and ViralContentBee More Important Now - January 27, 2017
- Top Challenges Facing U.S. Small Businesses in 2017 [Infographic] - January 19, 2017
- How to Interact with Passionate Shoppers in G+ Communities - November 27, 2016