Yesterday I published a post explaining Virtual Terminals. Max Greenflame commented:
“Very insightful overview of virtual terminals. Which VT software services would you recommend out of those available online? It’s hard to make right choice for the first time.”
The choice actually just got easier because VendHQ just announced integration with PayPal which means anyone can immediately get started selling online or off without having to acquire their own merchant account.
Vend works with any device that can run the Chrome or
Safari browsers: your existing desktop, laptop, iPad.
An iPad is the perfect portable device to use anywhere. Carry it to a tradeshow or event. Sell from additional venues. Or connect it to a cash drawer and use it at a checkout counter.
What makes Vend even more useful is that their service provides everything you need and integrates with other solutions. For example:
- The Vend dashboard allows you to instantly see live sales by product in graph form for one or more locations.
- “Painless” inventory management with set automatic reordering points.
- Export data to CSV or Xero accounting programs.
- Run your own in-house customer loyalty program.
- Add Timely appointment scheduling.
Merchant Account versus PayPal
If you are a small business or have irregular sales volume, going with PayPal is the simplest solution. You don’t have to apply for a merchant account and wait for credit check and approval.
There are no monthly maintenance costs. And most importantly, you receive the money into your PayPal account immediately. Similar to accepting credit cards, you pay a small percentage on each sale which varies depending on where you are located.
The percentage charged on merchant accounts can be less expensive, but there is a monthly overhead cost you must pay whether you generate sales or not. If you decide to get a merchant account, be sure to read the fine print and understand all the fees.
Using Vend’s arrangement with PayPal allows you to accept credit and debit cards of any type. See how to set up PayPal with Vend. This video shows how easy it is:
If you already have a merchant account you can use it with Vend. You can even integrate your existing ecommerce store on BigCommerce, Shopify, Etsy, Amazon, Storenvy, PayPal, ShipStation, and more.
See the Vend HQ POS System Buyer’s Guide to pick the right POS system for you plus answers to commonly asked questions. Or go with the Vend iPad PayPal POS system. Try it free for 30 days or the rest of 2013. Plans starting at only $35 per month.
8,000+ stores worldwide are already using Vend. I have not come across a faster, easier, or less expensive way to accept payments for your business.
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- Internet Business Insights Book: FREE Success Tips from 102 Entrepreneurs - July 9, 2017
- DirJournal Offers 25% Discount on Permanent Listings and Free Listings in 6 Partner Directories - June 22, 2017
- DirJournal 10th Anniversary: Win Cash, Free Listings, iPhone 7 Plus #giveaway Ends Midnight 6/12/17 - June 12, 2017