When you launch your website for the first time, you will assertively choose the shared hosting plan. This makes sense because it not only helps in saving a great deal of money, but it also requires less technical expertise to get started.
When your business grows and the traffic of your website increases over time, you may face loading speed and crash issues with your website. This will not only hamper the performance of your site, but will also impact the overall traffic as well. Slow sites damage the ability to generate revenue through your online business.
What will you do to resolve these issues? Will you continue using a shared hosting server for your website or you will switch from your current website hosting service for improved conversions?
Which hosting server plan will you select to enhance the performance and growth of your business on the internet? Although there are many other hosting server options on the internet, upgrading to a VPS hosting plan (Virtual Private Server) ensures better performance of your server at an affordable price.
VPS Hosting Plan is Synonymous with Enhanced Performance – Is it true?
While shared hosting plans are considered an ideal option for start-up businesses due to flexibility and cost, upgrading your plan to VPS hosting has its own set of advantages.
Before deciding when to switch from shared hosting to VPS hosting, it is important to get acquainted with the pros and cons of the various hosting plans.
When should you choose shared hosting?
- If you have a start-up business with limited budget.
- If you are expecting to target a smaller segment of internet users.
- If you have a limited number of email accounts.
- If you have a simple website with few pages.
In all the above-mentioned scenarios, you can confidently opt for a shared hosting plan. This is not applicable if your online business has grown to a reputed brand over the years. You cannot take the risk of low page load time. Not only will it slow down the performance of your website, but it will also impede the overall user engagement ratio.
Of all the hosting plans offered by various hosting service providers, selecting a VPS hosting plan is quite beneficial as you can customize it to your own set of requirements. With VPS servers, you can easily take control over your server while maintaining the confidentiality of your mission-oriented applications.
When should you choose the VPS hosting plan?
- If you are planning to develop your business beyond the ability of shared hosting.
- If you are experiencing a tremendous rise in the traffic of your website.
- If you need to maintain the confidentiality of your information and data.
- If you are planning to increase the number of email accounts to enhance your headcount.
- If you are planning to host different sites, applications, and blogs (and need VPS instead of a shared server to prevent crash issues).
If any of the above conditions apply to your business, then you should immediately plan to switch to a VPS hosting plan to guarantee the performance and improvement in growth of your business. Now, let’s check out the advantages of a VPS hosting plan over others.
Advantages of VPS Hosting Server
- You will be granted more bandwidth and storage space for your website.
- You can easily upgrade or downgrade the selected VPS plan at any time.
- You can access dedicated customer support (24X7) to help you with enhanced security levels.
- You have the liberty to configure anything on your server as per your requirements.
- You can run varied batch files for generating different services inside the server with the help of shell access.
- You will enjoy improved flexibility and scalability.
When Should You Upgrade From Shared Hosting to VPS Hosting?
You should switch from shared hosting to VPS hosting in the given cases:
- You require control over your server for ensuring improved performance.
- Your website is consuming too much of the available RAM and CPU resources.
- You are planning to expand your email accounts without the bounce back problem.
- You want to customize the settings and appearance of your site.
- You are planning to handle increase traffic on your site with better efficiency.
When you are determined to expand your online business with a better performing website, you should choose between the various VPS hosting plans available on the internet straight away.
Upgrading to VPS will not only lend you the ability to customize your plan as per your business goals, but it will also guarantee healthier revenue generation through your website by decreasing load time and improving performance.