Every day I share tons of quality blog posts either using su.pr or by reviewing them on StumbleUpon. Those reviews are then fed to Twitter, Facebook and FriendFeed. And every day I have to seek out Twitter user names because bloggers do not think to put them on their blogs in an easy to find position.
Even if your username is the same as the name of your blog, others won’t know that, so if you will put your Twitter username on your blog – ideally somewhere near the upper right as text so that searching the page for the word “Twitter” will find it – more people like me will include it when sharing your content.
Make sure it is automatically added in the Tweets sent from TweetMeme or whatever other Tweet sharing tool you use.
That will get you more Twitter followers (because anyone who liked something they read on your blog can then follow you) and once they’re following you on Twitter you have a chance for them to see your new content over there which reminds them to come back – so you get more readers here too.
If you have primarily experienced Internet users as your readers or want a clean look, the way my WordPress consultant Derek Semmler added my Twitter name here to the bottom right corner of the header is an elegant way to do that. The reason there is also a big Twitter bird icon in my right sidebar is because this is a teaching blog with many readers who are new to blogging and I want to make sure they see it. Less experienced readers may not think to look for the link in the header.
- How to Use TwitterFeed: Consistent Twitter Presence (growmap.com)
- Quick Way to Find Interesting & Influential Twitter Users (smallbusinesssem.com)
- Twitter: Increase Your Influence with Twitter Lists (growmap.com)
- Scott Meis: 15+ Killer SEO Tips to Optimize Twitter Tweet! | Tech18 (tech18.com)
- What Happens When You Change Your Twitter Username (wordsellinc.com)
- Share button codes of Facebook, Twitter, Delicious, Digg and StumbleUpon (machoarts.com)
- 5 ways to raise your profile on Twitter [René Power] (ecademy.com)
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- Why Going Back to College to Learn Digital Marketing Is For Dinosaurs [Train in 6 Weeks; Get an iPAD Mini4] - October 5, 2016
- ClickMeeting Provides a Creative and Simple Webinar Solution - September 23, 2016
- Simplilearn Digital Marketing Training: Get Qualified Now for High Paying In-Demand Jobs - August 5, 2016