HOW TO TWITTER
Many ask How Does Twitter Work?
But that isn’t really what you need to know to learn how to use Twitter.
The most important thing to remember about Twitter and other social media sites is that they are SOCIAL.
It isn’t about broadcasting or advertising. It is about interacting and relationships.
You don’t have to live on Twitter like I do to benefit from using it.
SAVE TIME USING TWITTER:
- Just pop in whenever you have a little time.
- Click on @mentions and answer any tweets that came to you.
- Type your username into the search box and answer any tweets you’re interested in that mention you.
- Be helpful to others.
- Share and retweet what interests you.
Best Way to Create Relationships on Twitter
Twitter got a lot easier when Commun.it came out with their Twitter Relationship Management tool. You can see my dashboard in this image and read about Why I Recommend Commun.it and How I Use It. Even though I had years of experience on Twitter before @Commun.it came along, I love it. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
This video from Ian Anderson Gray’s Complete Guide on How to Build and Manage your Twitter Community with Commun.it explains the benefits of Commun.it:
You can see why Commun.it received the User’s Choice Award in Startups.
HOW TO GET RETWEETS
Another Twitter tool we highly recommend is JustRetweet. Anyone – no matter how new they are to Twitter – can easily obtain retweets using JustRetweet.
If you have more time than money you can earn free retweets. If you have more money than time, you can buy credits very inexpensively. Read more about it in our JustRetweet Review and Tips.
Even if you don’t have a single follower, with JustRetweet
you can get retweets and traffic from Twitter.
TWITTER BEST PRACTICES:
Everything you to know from the basics to advanced Twitter strategies to becoming a major influencer.
- How to Get Started on Twitter and the most common Twitter Term Definitions
- What NOT to Tweet on Twitter
- What TO Tweet on Twitter
- Use Twitter Lists so you can find what you want and still follow those who follow you – and why you should
- *** COLLABORATORS be sure you do this using TwitterFeed or any other Twitter management solution you use: How to Use Twitterfeed for a consistent Twitter presence
- *** COLLABORATORS also do this: Strategy for getting more Twitter followers interested in YOUR niche
- Join us on JustRetweet where influential bloggers support each other with Twitter retweets
- Better Twitter Retweets
- Twitter Tools for Managing Multiple Twitter Accounts
- Geo-targeting Twitter – also see How to Use Twellow
- Twitterquette – Twitter Etiquette – Twitter Feeds are NOT Burger King – Why Everyone Can Not Have It THEIR Way
- Twitter Fail – Why You Should NOT Just Keep Tweeting About Your Business
- Twitter Limits – What they are and what to do if you hit them.
- Twitter Study: New Data: How To Get More Clicks, Retweets and Followers
- Twitter Local for Business: How to Geo Target Twitter for Small Business Local Social Media
- Professional Twitter Management Etiquette with Tips from AP Style Guide for Business Community Managers
- Windmill Networking: Twitter for Real Estate Agents
CRITICAL for BLOGGERS:
Put Your Twitter UserName on your BLOG!!!!
People who are influencers on Twitter and who write blogs can create a better world for us all. If you’re serious about being influential I encourage you to contact me and to follow the other influencers I linked to >> in my Small Business Advice post.
Want more? See my lists of Exceptional Bloggers with Influence on Twitter.