Marketers can no longer afford to ignore the opportunities that mobile offers. Having a mobile marketing campaign is now essential.
By the end of 2017, brands will have spent close to $40 billion on mobile marketing. By 2020, they will spend over $65 billion.
While mobile marketing is a major frontier for enabling brands to reach new customers, tackling it can be overwhelming.
Marketers must track multiple variables that aren’t relevant to desktop campaigns, such as WiFi and mobile carriers. Doing so requires the work involved in setting up campaigns, higher budgets, and a lot of tedious testing.
Resources for Your Mobile Marketing Campaign
The good news is that there are a lot of great tools to help marketers optimize their mobile campaigns. Here are some that every marketer should consider.
Within just four years, Tenjin has become a highly popular mobile marketing platform. It has a number of sophisticated analytics features that aren’t available on most other mobile tracking platforms, including:
- Social look-alike audiences. Tenjin tracks some of the highest performing users on Facebook. This data is useful for marketers who want to replicate their campaigns with similar demographics.
- Keyword analysis. Search PPC is a common way to reach customers on mobile devices. Because mobile users now outnumber desktop users, you can generate more volume by targeting them on Adwords and Bing. Tenjin‘s keyword analysis tool offers the insights you need to create lucrative campaigns.
- ROI tracking. Your ROI can vary tremendously between mobile marketing campaigns. Tenjin has some great tools to analyze which campaigns performed the best so you can scale them.
Tenjin works with some of the most prominent app and app development companies across the globe. To give you a real-world example, Tenjin published a recent case study of locator app Familonet.
Familonet helps over 2 million users worldwide see where their family members are at any time. Before using Tenjin, Familonet needed to manually pull data into an Excel sheet from different analytics and attribution vendors.
Doing so was incredibly time-consuming, not to mention difficult. It was hard to have a clear overview of what was happening because Familonet used different data providers and vendors.
With Tenjin, Familonet can pull all necessary data into a dashboard with a few clicks. The software then filters the data dynamically based on KPIs set up ahead of time.
Marina Gruz, Growth Manager at Familonet explains:
Before I started using Tenjin for our weekly management meetings I had to pull the Campaign data from different sources, including both our Attribution provider and our Analytics provider. This meant having to manually summarize data in an Excel spreadsheet, which can be super time-consuming. I would spend half a day creating a decent dashboard with all the KPIs needed. With the management dashboard based on data from Tenjin, I can easily get the full picture I need with only a few clicks.
Tenjin is an excellent tool that all mobile marketers should have in their arsenals.
Many marketing strategies are the same on mobile as they are on desktop. Email is a perfect example. Many mobile marketers continue to build email lists because the conversions rates of mobile users appear to be similar to those of desktop users when it comes to email.
GetResponse has a very popular email marketing solution on which marketers in many verticals depend. It provides a number of features that aren’t available with more generic mobile email marketing solutions, such as:
- The ability to create dynamic email content
- Custom content generators, which include over 1,000 stock images
- Sophisticated autoresponders
- Advanced segmenting capabilities that allow you to segment users by geography, subscriber date, traffic source, and engagement levels
GetResponse is a valuable tool that thousands of marketers depend on for email marketing campaigns, no matter what device people are using to consume content.
Appsumer is a mobile marketing performance and analytics solution. Marketers can use it to aggregate data from a number of different platforms, such as Facebook and Google Adwords.
The solution allows you to better understand the ROI of your ad spend per channel. Appsumer helps fill in the blanks by providing a lot of data missing from the reports of other mobile analytics platforms.
You can also use Appsumer to get valuable insights into your different mobile marketing platforms. By merging all of your data, you can optimize campaigns more quickly and save money you would otherwise spend on unnecessary testing.
Latest posts by Matt Shealy (see all)
- 6 Project Manager Resolutions for 2018 - April 4, 2018
- 3 Tools for Your Next Mobile Marketing Campaign - November 17, 2017
- How Automation Tools Can Light a Fire Under Your Marketing Strategy - August 11, 2017