Last Thursday and Friday around the world, many were taking time to remember we have much to be grateful for even during challenging times. When we focus on what troubles us we sometimes forget that we still have so much.
Although hardly original, I thought now would be an excellent time to start a Thankful Meme as an opportunity to share our thoughts on what makes us grateful. Why limit being grateful to only a day or two each year when we can benefit from being thankful all the time? I will start and I hope others will join in.
I am so thankful that I have a roof over my head, a refrigerator full of Thanksgiving leftovers, and the luxuries of heat, air conditioning and hot running water. My wish is that all people everywhere would have their basic needs met. Most of all I hope that those who have abundant food will ensure that they feed the hungry wherever they may find them.
I am thankful that I can live my calling of sharing what I have learned through blogging and grateful that we have tools like WordPress, Zemanta, Akismet and more that make that faster and easier every day.
I am thankful for all the generous bloggers who actively collaborate with us. These five have been most influential:
- Derek Semmler – (DerekSemmler) – the WordPress Ninja who installs and maintains Thesis and the plugins on all our joint venture blogs and provides technical support and answers for us and many others who have requested his assistance. Without Derek, our NoBogies golf store and the Holiday Gift Ideas and gift affiliate program I manage for my favorite Personalized Gifts Store would not exist.
- Murray Newlands – (MurrayNewlands) – Expert on Affiliate Marketing, Email Marketing and Social Media Marketing – If you are serious about blogging Murray offers Expert Blog Consulting Services and offers tips on Blogger Outreach. Interested in collaborating? You may be interested in our new Blog Club. NEW: Murray’s new Word of Mouth Marketing blog.
- Ninety-Eighty-One Award Winning Logo Design – (_1981_) – Read what Joshu Geiger shared with us about logo design.
- Search Friendly Web Design – (SearchFriendly) – Sammy specializes in SEO friendly Web design and WordPress. He originally installed and still advises and assists with this blog.
- Good Millwork – (GoodMillwork) – The folks at Good Millwork could be the poster folks for using blogs and Social Networking to raise visibility for traditional offline businesses. We learn as much from them as they learn from us. If you ever need any exterior shutters or architectural moldings including crown moldings for your house or business check them out. Architects will be interested to know that they offer totally free 3D downloadable CAD drawings. If you’re a business in Florida or a dofollow blogger be sure to add them to your list of great blogs to visit.
We will share many more in the near future because collaborating is be key to blogging success. If you haven’t read the exceptional recent guest post How Guest Blogging Can Change Your Life by Greg Rollett of Rock Star Lifestyle Design we encourage you to read it now.
I am especially thankful for the dofollow bloggers who recognize that it is so much easier to reciprocate automatically and the genius of creators of CommentLuv and KeywordLuv. Watch for a new post about the many dofollow bloggers we know. We are actively researching and reaching out to dofollow bloggers and making Twitter dofollow blog lists.
We want to include your dofollow blog – let us know in the comments or at Twitter if you’re not on the list!
This Thankful Meme is the perfect excuse for you to write about what you are grateful for and to share some link love with those bloggers who have increased your knowledge, shared their skills, entertained and cared. I hope you’ll get involved. If you link to this post I’ll see your links and add you to one or more future Thankful posts.
I will link posts related to or responding to my Thankful MEME here and write about them in additional posts.
- DirectSalesWebMarketing: Are You Thankful for Your Blogging Community? – great post showing the difference between a blogging community and a blog.
Related articles by Zemanta
- MEME: LinkLuv to My Fav Bloggers Favs (growmap.com)
- Blog Outreach: 8 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Be Doing It Now (growmap.com)
- Social Networking is NOT Chat (growmap.com)
- Best of GrowMap: Our Pillar Foundation Content (growmap.com)
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- Why Going Back to College to Learn Digital Marketing Is For Dinosaurs [Train in 6 Weeks; Get an iPAD Mini4] - October 5, 2016
- ClickMeeting Provides a Creative and Simple Webinar Solution - September 23, 2016
- Simplilearn Digital Marketing Training: Get Qualified Now for High Paying In-Demand Jobs - August 5, 2016