South by Southwest is a major film festival held each year in Austin. In this episode of Future of Engagement, host Murray Newlands looks at how social media is covering the 19th annual SXSW, and what he finds may surprise you:
- People are spamming SXSW hashtags on Twitter, which means a lot of people are following SXSW…
- There’s even a #NotAtSXSW hashtag…
- Looking at the whole conversations, around 6% of coverage was negative and 14% positive (3:7 negative-to-positive ratio), which is relatively high for an event like this.
How coverage of South by Southwest is distributed across social media platforms:
Graph by Alerti social media monitoring service.
Get Alerti for free for 3 months using the alertivideo promotion code!
Latest posts by Steve (see all)
- Augmented Reality Product Launch: Project Glass ~ Examining Social Media Strategy Google Used #smm - April 10, 2012
- Gushcloud CrowdSourced Marketing Services Platform: Small Business Rewards for Consumers - April 5, 2012
- Justin Bieber: The Boy-King of YouTube and Twitter Social Media Marketing? - April 4, 2012