Foursquare has some great social media marketing tips for anybody looking to bridge their online and offline marketing efforts. In this Future of Engagement episode, Murray Newlands drills in on 4sqDay and how Foursquare successfully bridged their online and offline campaigns. What he says might surprise you:
Rather than seeing social networks as something separate from physical marketing, Foursquare combines physical and virtual marketing efforts by having 4sqDay every April 16.
This makes their avid supporters feel appreciated, which creates good social media conversation about Foursquare. This leads to powerful word of mouth marketing as people genuinely promote Foursquare to their friends on both Facebook and on the street.
What can brands learn?
- Engage with customers and users
- Work with your business-clients
- Word-of-mouth marketing is hard to measure but it can be very powerful and cost-effective
Graph by Alerti Social Media Monitoring Tool:
4sq Social Media Marketing Tips
- Marketing Pilgrim: Foursquare Fans Celebrate 4sqDay!
- Foursquare celebrates ’4sqDay’ with 20 million users, two billion check-ins since launch
- Venture Beat: Foursquare confirms 20M users, 2 billion check-ins, on 4sqDay 2012
- 4sq Day Facebook Page
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- How to Find and Work With Influencers - February 19, 2017
- Twitter Changes Where to Find More Tweets; BuzzSumo and ViralContentBee More Important Now - January 27, 2017
- Top Challenges Facing U.S. Small Businesses in 2017 [Infographic] - January 19, 2017