Their writers have the rare combination of intelligence, wisdom and an entertaining writing style.
Social Implications is the latest launch from Hasan Saleem whose successful sites include Directory Journal (recognized for design and quality by Lee Odden’s Top Rank Blog as a Top SEO blog) and Templates Factory Professional Web Templates.
You may already be familiar with their Editor-in-Chief, Pro Business Writer and Freelance Advice Writer Jennifer Mattern‘s edgy insights from Naked PR (really great posts there). Watch for her posts in the BizAmmo Small Business Blog and the Business Blogs connected with Directory Journal.
Their very first post, You’re Invited: Social Media Implications Premiere, exuded class and style and made me smile:
“…this event is BYOB — bring your own brain. You won’t find the sheep mentality here at Social Implications, with every tool and tactic pushed on you just because “everyone else is doing it.”
This party is for a slightly more refined crowd — those willing and able to think for themselves, using the social media information and discussions we offer to make their own decisions about what’s best for their business or their personal situation.
Does that sound like you?”
It sounds like me! If you’re serious about Social Media, since they are so new, why not start with that first post and read their entire blog?
If you don’t have time for that, jump right into whichever of these most appeals:
- Who Controls Your Image On the Web – This is my favorite excerpt:
“…I see so-called social media experts telling business owners and executives that they should just let it go — that their customers control their image online now. So. Not. True.
Here’s a dose of a reality for you (because who couldn’t use a wee bit of that?). YOU control your image online …”
- Why Spamming Social Media Won’t Get You Very Far
- Popularity Versus Influence in Blogging and Social Media
- How are Non-Profits Using Social Media?
- Deciphering Shady Social Media Stats
They have made this recommendation far easier because they share on their about page exactly what they have to offer:
We go beyond the tools of the trade and discuss the potential impact of “doing” social media right (or wrong).
We share tips and tactics for more effective social media marketing. We talk about how you can get the most out of social media tools when using them in your own business. We discuss networking strategies on the social Web. Whatever your interests in social media are, you’re sure to find something that catches your eye.
More importantly we blog about the implications of social media. For example:
- How might your social media work affect your next job search?
- Could it cost you your current job?
- How is your business being reflected in the social media space?
- Should you really interact with personal friends and colleagues in the same social networking environments?
- Can a tweet or a blog post cause real problems for your company?
- Can they help you address problems?
We’ll talk about all of that and more here at SocialImplications.com. Social media should be safe, fun, and effective. We strive to help you keep it that way.
Every site should put as much thought into how to write an about page because it allows us to instantly know whether what they have to offer is of interest to us.
Why not join my friends and collaborators who are Social Media mavens and early adopters in their own right who already read Social Implications:
- Ann Smarty (@SeoSmarty), Director of Media at Search & Social Media (parent company of Search Engine Journal), owner of SEOSmarty SEO Consulting Blog (named 10th most popular SEO blog by Wikio), and creator of a My Blog Guest – a guest posting collaboration I hope you’ll join.
- Kristi Hines (@Kikolani), best known for Blogging Tips and How to Use Social Media at Kikolani, she also writes about Link Building for Search Engine Journal, How to Blog at Famous Bloggers and most recently for Vertical Measures (@verticalmeasure)
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- How to Interact with Passionate Shoppers in G+ Communities - November 27, 2016
- Dominate Search Engines | Skyrocket Your Page Views Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Cyber Monday 20% OFF Sale - November 25, 2016
- Skyrocket Your Traffic and Income Ecourse - November 10, 2016