Snapchat is an incredible mobile app pioneered by entrepreneurs Evan Spiegel, Reggie Brown, and Bobby Murphy.
Founded in 2011, this platform enables you to send pictures and videos to your friends. It can also serve as a perfect messaging app, where people add graphics, lenses, and captions to enhance quality. You can instantly forward snaps to your friends.
Snapchat stories is an ideal platform for Snapchat fans to post something that’s more lasting than a conventional snap. The most effective way to post on Snapchat stories is to take stylish pictures or videos using the high-quality snapchat camera. Snapchat strives to ensure that all stories being posted are modern and clearly showcase what you’re doing now, not what you did last year!
Why Teens Love Snapchat
Snapchat is one of the leading communication platforms among youth. Teenagers have made it their ultimate social media choice because of the following reasons:
- With Snapchat, you can instantly know who has viewed your video. Young people love being appreciated and associating themselves with cool moments. Therefore, if a popular person views their videos, they feel validated. When people view your photo or videos, they have to hold your name down. That way you know who has watched your snaps, and you can brag to your friends by showing them who is viewing your videos.
- Unlike posting your videos on Facebook or Instagram where there is a very high expectation in terms of viewing, there is less pressure to post videos or photos on Snapchat.
- Teenagers like associating themselves with what is trending online, and Snapchat is very popular.
- Uploading images to your Snapchat story at any time is quite easy, simple, and fast.
- Because you don’t have to worry about the number of views your photos get, there is less peer pressure and social pressure involved with using Snapchat.
- You can add captions on Snapchat, as well as edit your photos or videos to make them look more fabulous and funny.
How to Effectively Delete Your Snapchat Story
You shouldn’t worry too much about deleting your Snapchat feed and images. Snapchat has designed their platform so that a feed is automatically deleted 10 seconds after it is viewed. However, to be on the safe side, it is important that you know how to delete a Snapchat story.
For you to delete a Snapchat story, it is imperative to make certain that it has previously been posted. Once you confirm the availability of a story to be deleted, you can go ahead and choose a specific snap that you’d like to discard. You will be allowed to delete one segment of your story at a time. So if you have a 30 segment story, you will have to repeat the procedure 30 times.
Why You Should Delete Your Snapchat Story
Knowing how to clear a Snapchat story is vital. Doing so will save you time and hassle, especially if you have posted something unpleasant or something you do not like. You should also ensure that old images, stories, and videos are cleared from Snapchat Memories because when your information is online, you are not guaranteed privacy.
If you thought that images posted online will eventually disappear, you’re wrong. Images that Snapchat users share can generally travel across a number of servers.
Any information people put online is always public. Snapchat has a certain level of privacy. But even if you limit the viewers of your story, you’re still not guaranteed you know where these stories will be published.
The Process of Clearing a Snapchat Feed
The procedure for clearing a Snapchat story is simple. Below you’ll find a meticulous process that will enable you to clear certain snaps from the Snapchat story you just posted. So don’t get stuck trying to clear your Snapchat story when you can do it in minutes.
- Start by opening the Snapchat app.
- The Snapchat ghost will automatically appear at the top center of your screen.
- You will then be prompted to click the ghost.
- This will display a Snapchat icon bearing your name.
- You will then see a gear icon that is located at the top right.
- From here you can tap the “clear conversation” icon.
- You will see a message asking you to confirm your action. If you’re sure, click “clear.” If you aren’t sure, click “cancel.”
- Then hit the “X” button so that you can clear the trash.
- Click on the message you want to clear and hit “delete.”
Other Fun Snapchat Facts
- Taylor Swift and Snapchat co-founder Evan Spiegel dated in early 2014, but later broke up.
- Most people prefer using Snapchat coupons when it comes to purchasing goods. In fact, most businesses thrive by using Snapchat as their most reliable platform for communication.
- Snapchat has more female users than male. This is due to the fact that taking selfies is more popular with women than with men.
Clearing Snapchat stories can be an annoying experience, especially if it is your first time doing so. It might involve a lot of time trying to find out how to do so. Worse still, you might end up clearing Snapchat stories you never intended to if you are not taking the right steps.
Luckily, this article sums up all you need to know as far as Snapchat is concerned. It includes basic facts, how to clear a Snapchat feed, and why you should be using Snapchat as your preferred social media platform.
Latest posts by Rahis Saifi (see all)
- 11 Tips for Entrepreneurs Before Starting Facebook Advertising Campaigns [VIDEO] - August 4, 2017
- 4 Ways Teenagers Can Realize Their Money-Making Potential - July 17, 2017
- 5 Reasons Why Animated Explainer Videos Could Boost Your Social Media Campaigns - February 28, 2017