Each year, Small Business Trends hosts the Small Business Influencer Awards to recognize the Top Influencers in the Small Business Market.
981 approved nominees are listed for the 2012 SmallBizTrends Influencer Awards.
These are the nominees I feel will most benefit my readers
and small businesses based on my years of experience.
Here is how the awards voting works:
- Those nominated are judged 40% by voting where each person may vote once every 24 hours for as many nominees as they choose.
- To make it much easier for me to support those I collaborate with or admire, I create a post that provides links for easy voting.
“New for 2012 is a completely separate category of award, called the
Community Choice Awards, based 100% on the community voting.”
- I encourage you to vote daily to support key people we know and those who have exceptional and recognized expertise in their specialties.
- If you are nominated, I recommend you DO vote for yourself as well, so I include GrowMap in the recommendations found below.
Below you will find my @SMBizTrends
2012 picks as Small Business Influencers
- Small Business Consulting Expert GrowMap @GrowMap >>> Vote for GrowMap
- Exceptional Social Media and Content Marketing Expert Kristi Hines @Kikolani >>> Vote for Kristi
- Ileane Smith @Ileane >>> Vote for Ileane
- Basic Blog Tips @BasicBlogTips >>> Vote for Basic Blog Tips
- Brian Belfitt @bbrian017 @BlogEngage >>> Vote for Brian
- Ana Hoffman @AnaTrafficCafe >>> Vote for Ana
- Nicole Fende @BizFinanceForum >>> Vote for Nicole
- Nile Flores @blondishnet >>> Vote for Niles
These are people who are widely recognized as experts in their respective specialties. Most I have interacted with while others I have recommended for years but they don’t know me.
- No Analytics Experts are more respected than Avinash Kaushik @avinash >>> Vote for Avinash
- eBay Expert and Customer Service Expert ~ Marsha Collier @MarshaCollier >>> Vote for Marsha
Affiliate Marketing and Small Business Experts
- Affiliate Marketing Expert ~ Missy Ward @missyward >>> Vote for Missy
- Life Coach ~ Tony Robbins @TonyRobbins >>> Vote for Tony
- Small Business Forum ~ StartUp Nation @StartupNation >>> Vote for StartupNation
- Small Business Marketing Expert @schwerdtfeger >>> Vote for Patrick Schwerdtfeger
Social Media Experts
- Facebook Expert ~ Mari Smith @MariSmith >>> Vote for Mari here
- Social Media Influencer ~ LizStrauss @LizStrauss >>> Vote for Liz
Link Building, Local Search, and SEO Experts
- The most admired Link Building Expert is Eric Ward @ericward >>> Vote for Eric
- Local Search Expert ~ Mike Blumenthal @mblumenthal >>> Vote for Mike here and check out his Google Places Category Tool
- Local SEO Expert ~ Andrew Shotland @localseoguide >>> Vote for Andrew
- SEO Experts ~ Aaron Wall @aaronwall >>> Vote for Aaron
- SEO Software ~ Rand Fishkin @randfish >>> Vote for Rand
- Help a Reporter Out @helpareporter ~ Get Free PR and Publicity >>> Vote for HARO
- Hubspot @HubSpot ~ Lead Generation Experts >>> Vote for HubSpot
- ReadyTalk @ReadyTalk ~ O/S independent Web Conferencing and Webinar Services >>> Vote for ReadyTalk
SEO Tools and Software Solutions
- SEOBook @SEOBook ~ SEO Tools, Blog & Forum >>> Vote for SEOBook Tools
- SEOMoz @SEOMoz ~ SEO Tools, Blog, & Community >>> Vote for SEOMoz Software
Conspicuously absent are any nominations related to conversion optimization or landing page testing so I haven’t included any experts yet. I may add them here later.
Follow the social media action surrounding
the Small Business Influencer Awards
on Twitter @SMBinfluencer
or using the hashtag #SMBinfluencer
There are hundreds of other nominees, so if you can make the time you may want to peruse the many pages of other nominees to see who else is there.
I included in my picks the very best experts – many of whom I
have been learning from online for going on eighteen years now.
I hope some appreciate the many hours that go into an effort such as this from paging through every page of nominations to adding all those links to make checking them out and voting daily easier for my readers.
Do please consider voting daily for those who give away
their time and expertise so that others may succeed.
Disclosure: GrowMap is a media sponsor – by choice – for the Small Business Trends Influencer Awards and the Small Business Trends Small Business Book Awards.
SmallBizTrends 2012 #BizBookAwards Finished
SmallBizTrends Media Sponsors:
Latest posts by Chirag Chauhan (see all)
- Bloggers Have a Higher Calling; Will You Accept Yours? - December 20, 2012
- Are You Destroying Your Brand Without Realizing It? - December 16, 2012
- SmartPhone Backup Plan: Worried Your Smartphone May Get Stolen or Go Screwy? Take These 4 Precautions Now - December 9, 2012