Salesforce has just now signed a $689 million dollar acquisition deal with Buddy Media, a social media and marketing company. This acquisition is interesting not only for its newsworthiness, but also because the online conversation concerning the sale is mostly centered around a personal response video created by Buddy Media’s CEO Michael Lazerow two hours after he signed with Salesforce.
As the start of the video, Lazerow sits in front of the camera holding his iPad and scrolling through slides of his own personal story and reaction to the sale of his company. He doesn’t speak but smiles often through the video as he shares personal experiences and emotions.
Lazerow’s slides discuss briefly two near death experiences caused by heart problems that he had at a young age, how those experiences have helped him grow, and his happiness over the sale of Buddy Media.
Twitter especially has been a-buzz with conversation about this video with the majority of people empathizing with Lazerow, calling the video “inspiring,” and re-sharing it on many different social media platforms.
In this week’s episode of the Future of Engagement, Murray Newlands discusses Lazerow’s personal response video in greater detail. Newlands sheds light on Lazerow’s reasons for creating the video and talks about what you can gain from watching the video Lazerow made following the sale of Buddy Media.
- Salesforce Acquisition
- Buddy Media CEO Video Response
- Building Brand Loyalty and Engagement
The social media monitoring tool Alerti was used to make the graph above. It is evident through the information above that most of the conversation about Lazerow’s video has been over Twitter and blogs. Alerti is a great tool for bloggers since it lets them see what people are saying on certain topics through different social media platforms
Get Alerti for free for 3 months using the freetrial promotion code!
ABOUT BUDDY MEDIA:
- Buddy Media is a New York based company which allows customers to create content with ads on social-media sites and measure the effectiveness of their ad campaigns.
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- How to Find and Work With Influencers - February 19, 2017
- Twitter Changes Where to Find More Tweets; BuzzSumo and ViralContentBee More Important Now - January 27, 2017
- Top Challenges Facing U.S. Small Businesses in 2017 [Infographic] - January 19, 2017