Re-purposing content is all the rage because it saves time and increases our reach. The ultimate way to repurpose content is through video. And one of the best ways to create compelling videos is through web conferences.
Why? Because most businesses hold conferences to address the questions their customers ask. These are the same questions and answers your potential customers need.
Why let all the time and effort spent in creating a web conference go to waste? More advanced web conferencing platforms like ClickWebinar make it really easy to save, share and even edit your Webinar videos.
ClickWebinar provides one-click recording and the ability to do advanced editing. Rarely does a webinar go perfectly, so the ability to make changes ensures you can improve them before repurposing.
They also provide hosting so you don’t have to immediately download or find a place to upload your videos. After they’re edited you can upload them to YouTube and many other video hosting sites.
Where to Share Your Videos
Most immediately think of YouTube when they think video. They might also know about Vimeo. But there are many other video hosting sites. There is a list in Awesome Video! Now What; Where Else to Upload Your Videos.
Don’t stop there, though. Videos are perfect for attracting links and especially for allowing other writers to include you in what they write. (You may have noticed that I often share videos in my posts here and elsewhere. The people who created them benefit from my sharing and my readers benefit from video content created by others.
This video created by James Perrin @Koozai provides Content Marketing Advice and Tips On Strategy:Video Highlights
- Avoid blog spinning, article marketing, blog networks
- Put the user at the heart of all your content creation
- Make your content shareable, likeable
- Focus on quality – not quantity
- Strategy: research, audit your existing content, create content
- Competitor analysis: MajesticSEO and other tools
- Brainstorm ideas; find out what your clients ask; new products; industry news; tools to find new ideas
- Look to what is most popular on social media using tools like SocialBro, FollowerWonk, and others
- Create content marketing plan and calendar including seasons
- You need a blog as the base of your content strategy
- Include guest blogging on established sites reaching your target audience in your content marketing plan
- Turn videos and posts into infographics, white papers, user guides, SlideShares, surveys, questionnaires and images
With those tips in mind, and webinars repurposed as videos, you can then expand your visibility and greatly increase your traffic. Start by keeping a list of your videos to use for blog posts and to share on social media.
Video Content Repurposing Strategy
Every Webinar video should have a page or post dedicated to sharing it with the world. Choose the best keyword phrase to describe what you share in that video.
Create your page or post using that keyword phrase in the title, url, sub-titles and text on that page. Be sure to include your video, social sharing buttons and a call to action in the content.
Adding Video Highlights under each video will increase viewers. See the video above for an example. I use the address dropdown option in WordPress – you could use italics if you don’t use WordPress – and then bullet points.
Next, share that page far and wide yourself. Few realize just how many places there are to share your content. This slideshare from CoSchedule illustrates 50 Places To Repurpose Your Content:
As you can see, there are a ton of places you could be sharing your content. What this means is it is best to spend more time promoting than writing.
Take every video and piece of content you create and turn it into other types of content. Then promote, promote, promote. Notice that this post benefits two people I have never met and did not know about before I created this post.
By making your videos available to others and creating SlideShares, your content could end up on any site. We live in a world where millions of people are researching what they want to know next. Many of them are bloggers and influencers.
Video is what we must focus on going forward. The more time people spend on smart phones, the more they will prefer videos. Your existing customers need them, and your potential customers will choose you because you provided them with the answers they need.
Webinars are among the easiest videos to create. You don’t need any fancy equipment to get started. All you need is your computer and a decent webinar solution like ClickWebinar.
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- Gardening Bloggers Helped Save Historic Landreth Heirloom Non-GMO Seed Company - April 15, 2017
- Gail Gardner @GrowMap Interview on Talent Talk Radio #Smallbiz - April 3, 2017
- How to Find and Work With Influencers - February 19, 2017