The people at AndroidPit were really right when they thought my blog readers would be interested in knowing more about their resources for Android users.
The posts about Android have been super popular so first I’ll share about Play Store and then at the bottom I’ll link to the other posts about Android you may want to see.
WHAT IS PLAY STORE?
Play Store is the new name for the official Google Android App Store that used to be called Android Market. In typical Google fashion, they changed the name and confused everyone. Why DO they do that?
Now people don’t know what to call the official Google Android Store or where to find it. They’re asking on Twitter and in forums.
On Twitter I’m seeing tweets about Google Play instead
of Play Store and buzz that people hate the new name.
Since AndroidPit appears to have all the apps and great reviews, if you need an Android App you could just use their site instead:
Just click the image above to visit AndroidPit or read these other posts about the benefits of using their site:
- Android Market App Center ~ Reviews ~ Best Free Android Apps ~ Recommended Top Paid Apps
- How to Make Your Android Phone Faster ~ Includes recommendations of specific apps with links to make them easy to find!
PLAY STORE NEWS:
- IntoMobile: Galaxy Nexus now back in Play Store, injunction temporarily lifted (Jul 9, 2012)
- BriefMobile: Galaxy Nexus Removed From Play Store (Jul 4, 2012)
- Geeky-Gadgets: Samsung’s Galaxy Nexus Smartphone banned from sale in the US (Jul 4, 2012)
ANDROID APP NEWS:
- ArsTechnica: ACLU releases Android app that secretly videos police (Jul 9, 2012)
- Lifehacker Pack for Android: Our List of the Best Android Apps (Jul 9, 2012)
- GitHub Android App Released in Google Play Store (Jul 9, 2012) ~ AndroidPit has had Gh4a GitHub for Android available since March 2011
- TheVerge: Mobile Google analytics with alerts and real-time data
- ComputerWorldUK: Flash Player being withdrawn from Google Play Store on August 15 (Jul 2, 2012)
Disclosure: AndroidPit has compensated me for my time in reviewing their site and providing information about what they have to offer my readers.