Bloggers are noticing changes in their Google PageRank starting yesterday.
Those whose PageRank dropped may want to check their sites for broken links.
There is an easy way to do that using a popular WordPress plugin Broken Link Checker for WordPress.
This plugin finds and lets you repair broken links and it does much more:
Broken Links Plugin Features:
- Detects links that don’t work, missing images, deleted YouTube videos and other problems.
- Periodically checks links in posts, pages, comments, custom fields and the blogroll.
- New and modified entries are checked ASAP.
- Notifies you on the Dashboard if any problems are found.
- Lets you edit all instances of a specific link at once.
- Gives you a list of all links ever posted on your site, with the ability to search and filter it.
- Lets you apply custom CSS styles to broken and removed links.
- Install it RIGHT NOW and activate it
- It will run and then start telling you which links are broken
- In your dashboard it will say, “you have x umber of broken links” and that x number will be clickable
- When you have them check marked, go to the dropdown button and choose “unlink” then apply to select all and unlink.
Deal bloggers have major broken link issues because when deals expire the links break and comments can leave tons of broken links so every blogger needs this plugin.
Do you use something else or have more tips? Share them in the comments – links to related blog posts, plugins and tools encouraged.
GOOGLE PAGERANK TIPS:
- Google new Pagerank Algorithm Update: 6 Useful Tips (June 2011)
- GoogleGuide to Improving PageRank
- SeanSEO: How to Improve PageRank (Aug 2010)
BROKEN LINK CHECKERS:
- W3C Link Checker
- iwebtool Broken link checker
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- Gardening Bloggers Helped Save Historic Landreth Heirloom Non-GMO Seed Company - April 15, 2017
- Gail Gardner @GrowMap Interview on Talent Talk Radio #Smallbiz - April 3, 2017
- How to Find and Work With Influencers - February 19, 2017