No matter how passionate or committed you are as a blogger, you will get stuck at some point. Either ideas will not come to you, your life will get super busy and your posting schedule will fall by the wayside, or you will just get burnt out.
Great news! You don’t have to completely give up when that happens.
Following are three free WordPress plugins that can help you overcome blogger’s block by keeping your content creation ideas flowing.
This plugin is ideal for managing your blog posting schedule. You can view all of your previous and scheduled posts, as well as your drafts. It allows you to easily change the publish dates of your articles by simply dropping and dragging the articles. Additionally, you can quickly edit posts titles, posting dates and content.
You can use this tool to overcome blogger’s block by:
- Adding a new twist to old article topics;
- Creating audio posts by reading previous articles; and
- Maintaining a consistent posting schedule, which is one of the biggest challenges for new and veteran bloggers.
Here’s a video showing how the WordPress Editorial Calendar works:
The Duplicate Posts plugin allows you to “clone posts and pages” or edit the article as a new draft with a single click. Because these articles are already written, all you have to do is change the title and revise or delete some of the content to create a “new” article.
Examples of how to use this plugin to overcome blogger’s block:
- Change your how-to article to become a quick tips article;
- Reduce your 500-word book review to a 250-word book summary; and
- Transform your interview with the expert into “The Expert Says” with the focus on a single subject.
CommentLuv places a link to your readers’ last blog post, or the post of their choosing, at the end of their comments. This encourages interaction between the readers on your site and helps prevent blogger’s block by:
- Providing links to sites, making it easy to create a link or list post;
- Highlighting topics that can be used for comparison or debate posts; and
- Creating guest posts or interviews opportunities between you and the readers on your site.
Above are three free WordPress plugins that can help you overcome blogger’s block. In addition to helping you to keep ideas flowing, they help you to stay on schedule and add a little variety to the content on your site.
Which WordPress plugins do you use that helps you to overcome blogger’s block?
Bio: Marcie Hill is the author of the new book, “62 Blog Posts to Overcome Blogger’s Block, which is available on Kindle. This is the only blog book written to date that focuses exclusively on blog writing and content creation.
She is also a published magazine writer and blog addict who owns five blog sites The Write Design Company; Marcie Writes; Real Skate Stories; Shorty: Your Chicago South Side Resource; and Overcoming Blogger’s Block.
Connect with her on any of her sites or on Twitter @Marcie_Hill.
Latest posts by Marcie Hill (see all)
- 9 Ways Freelance Writers Are Leaving Money on the Table - August 28, 2018
- How to Write a Powerful Blogger Bio - September 18, 2016
- Overcome Blogger’s Block With These 3 Free WordPress Plugins - August 28, 2013