Future of Engagement – Monitoring Social Media on the Eve of the Facebook IPO Launch
Last Friday, the Wall Street Journal reported that Facebook could be going public within seven days. Murray Newlands’ series The Future of Engagement analyzes how this story spread across social media:
- The term “Facebook IPO” was a trend on Twitter less than a day after the WSJ Facebook IPO story went live
- Over half of “Facebook IPO” social media mentions were on Twitter, showing how important the microblogging site is for breaking news.
- In the 24-hour timespan after the WSJ post went live, Twitter’s mentions for that term grew eightyfold – to over 800 posts.
Click the image below to see Alerti’s Social Media Monitoring Graphs for the search Facebook IPO full size:
Graphs by Alerti
Facebook IPO DELAYED:
- LATEST: Forbes: Facebook IPO $5 Billion
- MSN Bottom Line: Facebook May Delay IPO
- Market Watch: What to Look for in Facebook IPO Filing
NOTE: Watch this space for updated graphs on the Facebook IPO Delay
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- How to Interact with Passionate Shoppers in G+ Communities - November 27, 2016
- Dominate Search Engines | Skyrocket Your Page Views Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Cyber Monday 20% OFF Sale - November 25, 2016
- Skyrocket Your Traffic and Income Ecourse - November 10, 2016