It’s certain that you already know that eBay happens to be an excellent place when it comes to selling. It’s also just as certain that you’ve read and heard the stories about the amount of money people have been actively making by just selling their stuff.
Well, you too can get on that bandwagon. For starters, here are 5 actionable tips for you to make money on eBay:
1. Fill up those titles with keywords – Include primary keywords that people are going to likely make use of in order to look for your items. Use up each of the available characters that eBay will allow.
2. Describe the benefits and not the features – Be sure that what you use to describe your items emphasizes their benefits while making sure that you don’t just mention their features. Keep in mind that people have interest in themselves. In line with this, tell them what your items could do for them.
Aside from that, make sure that the “small print” can be clearly read on every one of your auctions, providing details such as the shipping times, the prices, refund policies as well as any other business practices that you may have since this helps in building confidence with possible buyers.
3. Improve the pictures – You could make your listings way more attractive just by adding good quality photos. Blurred pictures or badly lit ones look unprofessional and these could prove discouraging to anybody planning to buy from you.
4. Maximize the eBay tools that are at your disposal – Advertise products, services as well as websites at the bottom of the messages that have been seen by the messaging system of eBay. These include the notification for the winning bidder or buyer, the notification for the payment received and the notification for the dispatch.
In some cases, there’s going to be chances to include info inside these additional messages, namely the “Payment” reminder or the “Feedback” reminder. If they’ve sent you payment without a delivery address, you could also utilize the “Address” request.
5. List more of your items – One way to increase sales is by just having more items. Your best bet for this is making use of an eBay Store. A store listing is way cheaper and you could list large quantities in every listing. In case only a few search results get shown for primary eBay sites, then more store listings will be displayed.
Those who purchase from fixed prices or auction listings are going to have the chance to purchase more products from you. Thus, you ought to add a “Visit My Store” button in each listing to add more traffic to that store of yours.
One way for you to use links is by having the store price lower than the fixed price listings. You could then link it with a message that says something like “Purchase from my store and get a 15% discount on your next purchase.”
Just remember to test out ideas and go with that which works best. Eventually, you’ll make money on eBay.