Last week, Justin Bieber launched his second single of the year, Boyfriend, largely by promoting it on social media outlets like Twitter. In this Future of Engagement episode, Murray Newlands looks at how Bieber’s social media marketing campaign succeeded:
Having started with his Justin Bieber YouTube channel (which is itself a type of social media), Bieber has shown that he knows how to use social networks to reach out and connect with fans – especially through his Justin Bieber Twitter account which today has 19, 485,329 followers – and then monetize those connections.
- Bieber has a big following on social media…
- He generates trust with this fans by interacting with them…
- And then sells songs as a trust agent…
Sign up for a free 3 month Alerti trial using the code alertivideo.
Latest posts by Steve (see all)
- Augmented Reality Product Launch: Project Glass ~ Examining Social Media Strategy Google Used #smm - April 10, 2012
- Gushcloud CrowdSourced Marketing Services Platform: Small Business Rewards for Consumers - April 5, 2012
- Justin Bieber: The Boy-King of YouTube and Twitter Social Media Marketing? - April 4, 2012