In this week’s episode of “The Future of Engagement,” Murray Newlands interviews Ian Karnell on the way BuzzHoney drives content engagement for clients:
Ian Karnell, the president of BuzzHoney, talks to Murray about how his digital marketing agency’s work provides strategies for engaging content for Facebook for clients. Karnell discusses the importance of:
- Analyzing levels of engagement
- Monitoring competitors
- How they used the SMM tool Infinigraph to assist them.
In this video you can learn how to increase your Facebook page’s
reach and keep your fans engaged with your content.
BuzzHoney monitored competitor’s pages to find out what drove engagement with the use of social media monitoring.
It’s an advantage to check out the pages of others in your field.
You can find out what works and what doesn’t work for engaging users.
Content alone was NOT driving engagement!
One consistency found in the data studied:
No one was driving any significant level of
engagement regardless of volume.
Once you know what is appealing to customers you know what to post on your own page: what people want and respond to based on comparisons with competitors’ content.
KEEPING FACEBOOK FANS ENGAGED
There is more than one way to keep users engaged. One very effective method is to have a call to action. Content posts that have calls to action tend to engage users more than fan pages that lack it.
Examples of Calls to action:
- “Click here” for a coupon or link to somewhere related to the site.
- “Suggest us to a friend” where you not only engage with their page but invite others.
This can assist in growing your network and reaching more fans. Having an engaging feature like a call to action can increase your fan page interaction and popularity.
What DOES Drive Engagement?
Nominal post volume better positioned.
Don’t just report the news: ASK your readers to interact by
asking them what they wanted, what they think,
and what they WANT within your content!
To find out how people are using social media it can be beneficial to measure the levels of engagement people have with content. Karnell and his team used an SMM tool called Infinigraph that assisted them in finding the most engaging and viral posts that their audience liked.
What drove engagement levels for job postings?
Rich media content positioned as “an experience” not just a job.
You spend less time going through each competitor’s page and analyzing it by having a program that collects the information for you. Once they are on your page keep them engaged and coming back for more.
Investing in a SMM tool like Infinigraph or Alerti can be a small investment when compared to the insights and increased ROI and results you can
derive from social data you can use to your advantage.
You can take a lead on competitors and get more response on your social sites with the right content. Watch the video for more insightful tips on the way Kernell and BuzzHoney handled their client’s request.
- Keeping a watch on competitor’s Facebook pages lets you see what content your audience responds to and assists you in improving your own page.
- Using a tool like Infinigraph can measure audience engagement with social media content, making it easier for you to target interests.
- Having calls to action on your Facebook page will increase fan engagement and broaden your reach with new users.
Find out more about BuzzHoney here.
information on social media monitoring.
Latest posts by Chirag Chauhan (see all)
- Bloggers Have a Higher Calling; Will You Accept Yours? - December 20, 2012
- Are You Destroying Your Brand Without Realizing It? - December 16, 2012
- SmartPhone Backup Plan: Worried Your Smartphone May Get Stolen or Go Screwy? Take These 4 Precautions Now - December 9, 2012