You know I love to write posts, but making time is always a challenge. That is especially true with our new Twitter Parties partnership with Deborah Anderson @SocialWebCafe.
If you don’t know what a Twitter Party is see Twitter Chats and Twitter Parties: Differences? What Do They Cost? Benefits? Who Does Them? and read Deborah’s post Twitter Chats and Twitter Parties: What is the Difference?
My readers may recall that I have been contributing regularly at Social Implications and I want to invite you all to read and comment there (NOW with CommentLuv!) and also at DIRJournal.com.
To make that easy for you, here is a round-up of my posts to date on those two sites:
- HootSuite Shares to Google+ Pages ~ You can now manage your Google Plus circles from within Hootsuite – even the free version (as long as you have not used all five of your allotted social slots). That post now includes a link to Ileane @BasicBlogTips’ new How to Connect Your Google+ Account to Hootsuite that explains how Hootsuite can schedule your shares for your optimum time.
- GoDaddy Denies Front Running Domains ~ Of Course! ~ Bill Hartzer tipped me to this story and you can read his original from the link in my post or directly in Was Godaddy Caught Registering Domains Names After Availability Lookup?
- Since I primarily write about small business and social media here, some of my readers may not be aware of all the other topics I know about – so this post may come as a surprise to you >> Most Controversial Conspiracy Theories of All Time: In Depth. That post has a laundry list of so-called “conspiracy theories” and links to some famous quotes and many other conspiracy theory lists including this massive InfoWars response to Cracked post: 33 Conspiracy Theories That Turned Out To Be True, What Every Person Should Know ~ If I can get enough support for my writings on DirJournal I’ll publish comprehensive research on each of the topics listed on that page – and any others you care to leave in the comments OVER THERE.
- The first comprehensive post in the Controversial Conspiracy Theory series is AIDS HOAX: Was HIV Created in a Lab as a Bio-Weapon? ~ Contains arguments for BOTH SIDES of the “Does HIV Cause AIDS” discussion – as well as logical arguments regarding whether AIDS is a disease at all – or just a way of classifying collections of symptoms differently depending on whether someone is HIV positive or not.
Social Media Implications Posts:
- TWITTER VIRAL TOPIC: Progressive Insurance Reform: Use Social Media to Reform Them ~ Matt Fisher’s post went viral: My Sister Paid Progressive Insurance to Defend Her Killer In Court. Matt was interviewed on video, so you can hear his story over there – and also why we need to repeal mandatory liability insurance laws.
- Social MEdia: Are YOU Selfless or Part of the ME Generation? I LOVE the image that I used in that post AND this one. I do hope you’ll go read my insights on choosing whether to remain conditioned by the MEdia to be selfish and WANT – WANT – WANT – because consumerism drives economies ~ or to choose to be more caring, with different priorities, and making decisionsthat benefit everyone instead of only ourselves.
- Measuring Social Media ROI Using Timelines ~ Retweets are NOT Conversions! ~ Must Read post because in it I share the very wisest advice on measuring Social Media ROI ever in a post by Olivier Blanchard @thebrandbuilder. AND a simple explanation of why we should all be recording changes we make – and only making ONE at a time whenever possible – and WHY.
- Slactivists Activists ~ Can Social Media Drive Real Change? Matthew Fields over at Social Media Chimps shared his insights into slacktivism:“People who are considered slacktivists make an impact, not because of the amount of effort or time they put in to their causes, but due to the power of social media.”While some call this “lazy activism” I call it wise marketing.
- How Social Media Is Changing the World ~ Check out the cool Social Media History Infographic in that post.
- Social Media Feeding Frenzies Raise Awareness and Drive Change ~ Don’t you want to know what the final dollar amount raised on IndieGoGo for the Bullied Bus Driver was? Can you guess? You’ll be amazed! I’ve kept that post updated.
- How Social Networks Are Restoring Our Human Connections Just today I was reading a post or saw a video with stats that indicate I am NOT the only one who believes social networks are restoring our desire for relationships OFFLINE as well as on. This post contains several excellent examples of LOCAL geo-targeted blogs. The best way for any blogger to make a living is to create a Local Niche Blog – ideally a group blog. WHY and How in my Twitter Local post.
- Facebook Sponsored Stories Implied Endorsements Going Way Too Far~ Take the Facebook survey in that post and/or see the results >> Do YOU object to Facebook using you to endorse brands?
Whether I can keep writing for these other sites is up to YOU – my readers. If you want me to write elsewhere I need your support. The best thing you can do for me is to read and comment and then share on your favorite social network(s).
Social Implications is a DoFollow CommentLuv blog now so you can
grow your audience from here to there to others in our community while
building quality backlinks (but I do need to moderate tighter there).
We make it easy by providing share buttons – and I do my best to choose the most interesting and unique images so you have something to pin. Special thanks to any bloggers who choose to link to any of my content anywhere.
Did you know that when the trackbacks come in I do read, comment and share any post that links to my content – here or elsewhere – and whether that blogger agrees with me or not.
If you don’t see a tweet from me I may not have received the trackback – so just send me an @GrowMap tweet and I’ll pop over to see your post. I do hope at least some of my readers will see posts that interest them and leave me a comment on the other sites.
TWITTER CHAT TUES at 8 EDT and WED at 3 EDT
We have some really exciting Twitter Chats and Parties coming up so we hope you’ll be able to make it. Twitter Party Expert Kelli Miller @momof3boys3702 from 3boysandadog is our guest at a special edition next Tuesday Night at 8 EDT.
During our regular weekly timeslot on Wednesday at 3 EDT join us for How to Make Money Freelancing followed immediately at 4 EDT with your chance to win $500+ worth of Freelance Services from @Doublelinx. Here are the topics for the chat:
- What kind of services every blogger could be offering
- How to package and price your services
- Why you need a Hire Me Tab on your blog
- Where to promote your work
Must-have prizes for the Twitter Party provided by DoubleLinx marketing services.
TWITTER PARTY WED AUG 22 4:00 EDT
Starting immediately following our regularly scheduled #B2CTweet Chat we will go immediately into a Twitter Party for DoubleLinx Freelance Services where they are generously giving away these fine prizes:
- Premium Quality Logo Design
- All-in-one WordPress Installation
- Link Diversity – Web 2.0s, Article Writing 100 Percent Manual Link Building Package
- Free ad for a month on Doublelinx ~ They will even create a custom banner for you.
Have Services to Sell? Get listed now on Doublelinx and you
could be featured in future posts, chats or Twitter Parties!
Find out more in our post about Doublelinx Marketing Services
or go directly to their page for Freelance Services Selling.
Latest posts by Chirag Chauhan (see all)
- Bloggers Have a Higher Calling; Will You Accept Yours? - December 20, 2012
- Are You Destroying Your Brand Without Realizing It? - December 16, 2012
- SmartPhone Backup Plan: Worried Your Smartphone May Get Stolen or Go Screwy? Take These 4 Precautions Now - December 9, 2012