NOTE: The fast path to getting published on GrowMap is to send me a contact request on Skype (username growmap). Be sure to change the canned message to something that lets me know you are a blogger or business and not a scammer. Including your Twitter username or website or another social URL confirms who you are.
GUEST POST REQUESTS:
REQUIRED: When you request to guest post you MUST provide these seven pieces of information:
- Proposed topic and/or post titles.
- At least 3 links to examples of existing published work.
- What sites, if any, you wish to link to in your post. Links ARE permitted, but only to relevant content that benefits our readers. We need to know in advance about any primary links you desire because that will save us both time if they land on a site we are not willing to have linked from GrowMap.
- Why you are asking to guest post. What is your goal? How do you know about GrowMap?
- A short description for your bio.
- Confirmation that you have your Gravatar already set up to pull an image using the email address you will use for contributor access. Author bios are visible on GrowMap and should include the image from Gravatar, a short description, your name linked to your site, and links to all your major social accounts.
- Links to your social media accounts for your bio: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, GooglePlus, Pinterest, YouTube. (You don’t have to have all of these, but serious bloggers must provide at least one of these.)
Due to the volume of guest post requests we receive, any that do not include the above seven specific pieces of information will be ignored.
REASONS GUEST POSTS WILL BE REJECTED:
- We do not allow anyone to sell content or links on our site or to advertise that they do. If you get caught doing this, all links will be stripped from content you have submitted and/or all content will be deleted. [If you are interested in discussing sponsored content, use the contact form below to send your proposal. Sponsored content is clearly marked sponsored and links are nofollowed.]
- The writer does not write American English and the content needs extensive editing. (Some exceptions may be made if the content is exceptionally actionable based on the experience of the writer. If what you have to say is good enough, we will invest the time it takes to edit it properly.)
- The bio you created indicates that you work for a link building company or offer link building services.
- We do not allow most links to home or sales pages; links to excellent and highly relevant content is preferred.
- No money phrase anchor text.
- The only links that are permitted are to quality content that is highly relevant to the guest post and provides value to our readers.
- Content is too short. The minimum length to be considered is 700-1000+ words.
Yes, we love having writers share their expertise with our readers! Whether you are already one of our regular collaborators or you just found us, do contact us about publishing your best tips or writing a post for you. Our preferred method is to provide you with author access on this and other blogs we manage and have you create your post directly in the blog. This way you can better optimize how your post appears and add images.
Links are fine as long as they provide value to our readers. Please do add links to any related posts you have written or recommend that add additional information to the post and link to those you write about and recommend.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Links to unethical businesses such as essay writing services or bad neighborhoods (gamb.ling, adult content, bingo, poker) are not permitted.
We use the Fancier Author Box plugin. Bios are visible and include a link to your site, links to your social accounts, and a short description of the author and their business. Please add your Twitter username 3 times and your Facebook twice. This is because there are separate fields for the bio, the Yoast SEO plugin and the Social Warfare plugin (that adds your username to tweets). For Twitter, use only the username – not the full URL.
If you offer a product or service, you may mention it in your bio information. If you wish to write a post about your business or service, contact me first to discuss how that information might most interest our readers.
Originally published 6/16/13; updated 2/9/17.
HOW TO CONTACT GAIL
The most effective ways to contact Gail is (in order of effectiveness):
- Skype: GrowMap – best way to make sure I see it and so you know the status of your request. I’m the only GrowMap there.
- Use the contact form below because what you submit there is flagged for greater visibility and less likely to be deleted by a spam filter.
- @GrowMap on Twitter – if you DM send a regular tweet to let me know to go find your DM. (And if you know a good way to block auto-DMS I want to hear from you!)
- Email is currently problematic. If you email to growmap at this domain, please follow up by Skype or Twitter or phone. You can also use the contact form below as those get flagged and I am more likely to see them. If you prefer send a regular email and just let me know you did using one of these other methods. I get far too much email and find a large percentage of emails never get delivered. See Closed Loop Communications.
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- How to Find and Work With Influencers - February 19, 2017
- Twitter Changes Where to Find More Tweets; BuzzSumo and ViralContentBee More Important Now - January 27, 2017
- Top Challenges Facing U.S. Small Businesses in 2017 [Infographic] - January 19, 2017