As I predicted, Google has killed PostRank. Whenever something is truly useful, it is absorbed by what I call collectively “The Borg” – then crippled (as PostRank was) and later killed off (as is happening to PostRank May 1, 2012).
The same thing happened when Yahoo! acquired MyBlogLog and I wrote that Yahoo! Killed MyBlogLog.
Here is the text of the email I received today:
|PostRank Sunsetting May 1, 2012|
|It is bittersweet news that we remind our users that PostRank will be sunset on May 1, 2012.
The sweet part is that Google Analytics now allows you to conduct much of the same measurement and analytics that you’ve enjoyed through PostRank. We invite you to access the new Social reports within Google Analytics. If you don’t already have a Google Analytics account it’s free and easy to sign up. Learn more about the new Social reports in our blog post.As of May 1st, PostRank.com, PostRank Analytics, Top Posts widgets, and Google Reader plugin, will be taken offline.Regards,The PostRank team
|PostRank has been acquired by Google, this communication is from © 2011 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043Email Preferences: We sent you this email because you have indicated that you are willing to receive updates about PostRank’s products and services. If you do not wish to receive such emails in the future you can opt-out here.|
Fortunately for businesses and bloggers, there are now two solutions that are better than PostRank was:
- GroupHigh Blogger Outreach for large agencies and businesses – see my GroupHigh Blog Outreach Management Tools Review.
- BlogDash Blog Outreach network for small businesses and bloggers – I recommended bloggers list your blogs on BlogDash in February 2011 and will be doing a follow-up post on using BlogDash.
- PostRank blog: PostRank sunsetting post has already been removed by Google – As of May 1st, 2012, PostRank.com, PostRank Analytics, Top Posts widgets, and Google Reader plugin, will be taken offline.
- CMSWire: Google Killing PostRank.com and PostRank Analytics on 1 May
- ReadWriteWeb: they also accurately predicted Google will kill PostRank
- YourDigitalSpace: New Google Analytics Social Reports Will Replace PostRank
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- Mobile Video Conferencing: Avoiding Embarrassment: What NOT to Do - August 28, 2014
- Happy Birthday GrowMap ~ 6 Years Old Today ~ Thank Yous - August 20, 2014
- Web Conferencing Pet Peeves: Are You Losing Viewers? - August 13, 2014