Until Michael Pollan’s book The Omnivore’s Dilemma few Americans would have guessed that there is corn in almost everything we eat including every individual component of a fast food meal to almost everything on the shelves in your grocery store – even in places you would never imagine.
Corn is made into high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) which is most likely present in the majority of the bottles in your refrigerator today: in salad dressings, ketchup, sodas, and anything sweet – and even many things that are NOT sweet.
There has been much media coverage about the HFCS Food issue and it is an ingredient best avoided or at least severely reduced in your diet.
If you are what you eat -
and especially if you eat industrial food -
as 99 percent of Americans do –
what you are is “corn.”
Most of the food in the grocery stores today AND almost all fast food contains corn:
- Hambuger comes from corn fed cattle.
- Buns contain high fructose corn syrup.
- French fries are often fried in corn oil
- High fructose corn syrup is the sweetener in most sodas.
- New study suggests most fast-food beef and chicken items come from corn-fed animals.
Are YOU Feeding THIS to YOUR Children?
Most folks assume that a chicken nugget is
just a piece of fried chicken, right? Wrong!
McDonald’s Chicken McNugget is 56% corn?
Chicken McNuggets contain 38 “quasi-edible substances
that ultimately come not from a corn or soybean field
but from a petroleum refinery or chemical plant”.
So What Really Is In A
McDonald’s Chicken McNugget?
Eat a little Butane, anyone?
There are two major reasons a diet made up almost entirely of corn is a major concern:
- High Fructose corn syrup
- Most corn is genetically modified.
What you need to know about Genetically Modified Organisms aka GMO:
Scientists seem to believe that intentionally injecting known toxins into what we will eventually eat is safe. They are called toxins for a reason – because they are toxic!
Just because something won’t kill you immediately
does NOT MEAN it does not cause chronic health issues
or even death as it accumulates in your body.
Most chemicals that will kill a bug will kill us too – if we consume sufficient quantities. Remember, too, that we are not talking about ONE chemical or toxin – we are talking about regularly ingesting hundreds or even thousands of toxic or man-made foreign substances!
There are many wise people who have already written volumes about why GMO food is so dangerous.
For now I will just share some of their links:
WHY I AVOID GMO – And YOU Should Too!
- Why You Should Be Concerned About GMOs
- Food and Conservation Groups Rise Up Against GM Foods
- Why California GMO Labeling Could Benefit Us All
- Say NO to GMOs
- The Case Against GM Crops & for Organic Sustainable Agriculture
- Monsanto’s Crimes Against Humanity with Jeffrey M. Smith
GROUPS FIGHTING GMOs:
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- Use Dashboards to Create, Improve and Promote Videos Online [VIDEOS] - October 9, 2014
- 50 Places to Repurpose Your Web Conferences as Video Content - October 3, 2014
- How to Use Local Business Directories to Increase Visibility and Sales - September 14, 2014