Graphic Design Marketplace Designhill has created a new Startup Success Factors interactive infographic containing 10 sections showing characteristics of founders and what VCs are investing in. If you’re interested in working at a startup, becoming a founder, or just curious about what what kind of startups are popular today, read on.
Stats About Startup Founders
Multiple graphs about founders show their age, former title, and former role. The stats I find most interesting were that over five times more startup founders were high school dropouts than graduated from college.
While it is not surprising that creative people who have an idea they want to develop would want to get started as soon as possible, I did expect a higher percentage would have graduated from college first. Also interesting is the 33% “other” which I suspect may mean interning in a startup before founding their own, being self-taught, or training not associated with a university.Only 2.7% of Startup Founders Graduated From College While 15.1% never finished high school!Click To Tweet
See the full infographic below or click the link above to see all the graphs related to founders:
- Breakdown of Startup Founders by Age
- Breakdown of Startup Founders by Former Title
- Breakdown of Startup Founders by Education
- Breakdown of Startup Founders by Former Role
Stats About Startup Locations, Funding and Investors
It is no surprise that most startups are located in major cities where investors interested in funding them are located. This map shows the cumulative angel investment deals across regions of the United States in 2015.
Good to know that all investment is not concentrated in Silicon Valley. Graphs in the infographic related to startup investment include:
- Top 5 US Cities for High Tech Startup Density
- STARTUP FUNDING & INVESTORS: VENTURE CAPITAL: Total VC Investment from 2014 (Q2) to 2015 (Q2) (USD Billions)
- ANGEL INVESTORS: Angel Group Investments By Sector in 2015
- CUMULATIVE ANGEL INVESTMENT DEALS DISTRIBUTED ACROSS U.S. REGIONS IN 2015 (shown above)
- CROWDFUNDING FOR STARTUPS
- Startup Success and Failure Statistics by Industry
Want to Found a Startup?
If you’ve ever wanted to know why some startups are wildly successful, and others that seem to be taking off end up failing, be sure to check out the success and failure stats in red at the very bottom of the infographic.
Note that this is an interactive infographic which means you have to sometimes click to see additional details. Don’t miss the white “START” circle near the top.
Would your business benefit from publishing an infographic like this one? Designhill is the first infographic designer I’ve seen offering embed codes by width similar to how we use iframe codes to embed YouTube videos in blogs. (If you don’t know what I mean, ask in the comments or send me a connection request and your question on Skype to username growmap).
They also offer PDF downloads to use their infographics in presentations or to offer them to your visitors. Making it easy for others to republish and share your creatives and research is an effective way to send your message viral.
Unlike most design marketplaces, Designhill will assist you live 24×7, so if you’ve always wanted to have a custom infographic created or update your social media headers or website designs, check them out at Designhill.com.
Disclosure: While Designhill is a client of ours, they did not pay me to write this post. I wanted to share their new infographic with my readers and I am having them do some graphic design for my blog and social media accounts.
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- DirJournal 10th Anniversary: Win Cash, Free Listings, iPhone 7 Plus #giveaway - May 21, 2017
- Gail Gardner @GrowMap Interview on Talent Talk Radio #Smallbiz - April 3, 2017
- How to Find and Work With Influencers - February 19, 2017