I woke up thankful that I have plenty to eat because I know there are many EVERYWHERE who are doing without right now. Have you ever been really hungry and had no resources to buy something to eat? Have you ever eaten the same beans and rice so many meals in a row that anything else would be a blessing?
Many people do not realize there are food banks in most major cities and even many small towns that feed your neighbors – and will feed you – if you ever have the need. Now more than ever the demand is up as more and more Americans have been underemployed or unemployed for extended periods of time.
People you know have received boxes of food – even people living in six figure homes and driving brand new cars. So do older people with no families to assist them and the working poor – many working multiple jobs and still unable to put food on the table.
Now would be a great time for those of us who have enough
to start making sure others can at least eat regularly.
My regular readers know of my concern for small businesses. I believe that they MUST increase their reach, because even if they have been ALWAYS been really busy their incomes will decline as the dollar buys less. Today I had an idea for one way I can make sure fewer people need a food bank while supporting those who do.
Many businesses are not yet convinced that they need to be doing Internet marketing or are not sure it will benefit them. So here is my idea. If you will donate $77 to any food bank listed below or of your own choice, I will give you an hour of my time and expertise answering all your questions and creating a custom marketing strategy specific to your business or blog. (If you don’t have a business or blog you can transfer it to anyone you choose.)
There is no program I am more interested in supporting than one that provides food to anyone who is hungry. We can do our part to feed those in need and you can find out if Internet Marketing will benefit you without risk. That sounds like three wins to me.
I have no idea how much interest this might generate. Many may read but choose not to act. Others may donate but not let me know. But no matter how many or how few I promise to fulfill my promise of one hour to each and every person interested. (If there are many I will make a list and work through it as efficiently as possible.)
- NEW: Exceptional information on Hunger in America at FeedingAmerica (@FeedingAmerica on Twitter) – special thanks to North Texas Food Bank for this addition. This site includes statistics (1 in 6 Americans go without food at times already) and a hunger map that shows how many in every U.S. County don’t have enough to eat and what it would cost to feed them.
- NEW: CityHarvest.org (@City_Harvest on Twitter)
- NEW: West Texas Food Bank
- North Texas Food Bank (@ntfb on Twitter) – Regular donation page ~ PayPal donation page
- Open Door Experience (the one in the video above) ~ Credit card donation page
- Food Bank of Central New York ~ Click Donate above the video for their PayPal donation page
- Want your favorite food bank included here? Leave me a link in the comments and I’ll move it up into this list
To claim your free consultation, contact me via Twitter @GrowMap, Skype to GrowMap, or IM or forward a copy of the thank you confirmation or PayPal receipt using the information on my contact tab. The number of hungry will keep increasing so this offer is still good no matter when you read it. If I get too many requests to fulfill I will recruit other experienced consultants to assist me.
As Joan Baez sings, There But For Fortune Go You or I.
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- Top Challenges Facing U.S. Small Businesses in 2017 [Infographic] - January 19, 2017
- How to Interact with Passionate Shoppers in G+ Communities - November 27, 2016
- Dominate Search Engines | Skyrocket Your Page Views Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Cyber Monday 20% OFF Sale - November 25, 2016