In this episode of the Future of Engagement, Murray Newlands takes a look at the recently released feature and discusses both the conversation surrounding it and what it can do for your brand.
For those of you who might have missed the news before heading out of town for Memorial Day weekend, last week Facebook released a new feature for brand pages that provides a quicker and easier way to monitor their reach to fans.
Prior to this release, brands could use their page admin panel to see what content was viewed most by their fans. The new feature gives brands another way to view their reach by providing the percent of fans viewing each piece of content posted on the bottom of each post.
This is a great new feature for brands who want this information and don’t want to calculate it on their own from the insight section of their admin panel.
According to Facebook, the average post on a brand page only reaches about 16% of its fans – a relatively low amount. Now that brands can see the percent of fans reached on each individual post, you can better understand what types of content to engage fans with in the future.
Through the use of this tool, Facebook hopes to optimize fan engagement with brands and ultimately help brands increase their average percent of fans reached per post.
- New Admin Feature
- Easily Accessible
- Increases Engagement Optimization
This graph was created using the social media monitoring tool Alerti. Overall, the tone of conversation about this topic across different social media is neutral, however almost a quarter of the commentary is positive.
Alerti is a great tool for bloggers since it lets them see what people are saying on certain topics through different social media platforms Get Alerti for free for 3 months using the alertivideo promotion code!
FACEBOOK TIMELINE TIPS:
- Mashable: Facebook Timeline: 9 Best Practices for Brands
- Just Ask Kim: Facebook Tips
- Magnet Media Films: Facebook’s New Timeline Apps for Social Commerce
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- ClickMeeting Provides a Creative and Simple Webinar Solution - September 23, 2016
- Simplilearn Digital Marketing Training: Get Qualified Now for High Paying In-Demand Jobs - August 5, 2016
- GetResponse Reveals Powerful New Online Marketing Tool Any SMB Can Afford - July 19, 2016