Example of a training video any business should use.
Training videos are used by just about every industry and for just about every purpose. In-person training can be expensive and time consuming; a video requires just a few minutes to do the same job. You can trust that your training video will be the same each time it’s played and that it will always cover the necessary information.
Making videos a part of your company’s training course
You can use videos in several ways. You’ve probably seen videos used for:
- New employee training – These videos introduce new employees to the standards and practices of their new workplace. These can cover general workplace issues such as safety and security in addition to topics specific to your particular organization, such as how to use the internal computer network and time card program.
- Certification and recertification – Many professional qualifications require a certain number of training hours. A video pertaining to an applicable subject can be used for training purposes. Depending on the certification, a video may need to meet certain informational standards before it can be counted towards the required number of hours. This will vary depending on the nature of the certification and the type of video being used.
- Safety training and visitor orientation – Some work sites require a greater degree of safety than others. Mines, construction sites, and similar organizations can orient visitors and instruct them in all necessary safety precautions with the help of a video.
Videos used inside and outside of the company
There are many other ways to make enterprise video solution a part of your business. As you’ll see, training and educational business videos are just the beginning.
Recruitment videos help spread the word that your company is a great place to work. These videos highlight what makes your company great for employees and the career development opportunities that prospective employees can find with you. These videos can be placed on the Internet for visitors to your business’s employment page to view. You can also distribute this video to employment agencies and recruitment centers.
Videos can also help a business’ sales through their use at industry events. These productions can be shown on a loop to engage visitors to the exhibition space. A video gives you an opportunity to talk about the unique products and services offered by your business. You can add technical specifications and show a level of product detail that isn’t adequately captured by a sales brochure.
And finally, you can use these video productions as the foundation for television commercials. Even though television commercials are only a few seconds long, a well-produced sales or recruitment video will have plenty of footage that would be appropriate for a commercial. Since you own the video already, all you need to do is take it to a video production company and ask for a commercial to be made. If you’d like to break into the world of television advertising, this is a good way to do it; you can save money by not having to write and shoot a commercial from scratch.
Article courtesy of KZO Innovations: Videos can be used in many ways by your business. Because these films will be seen by so many people, you should make sure that the production reflects a high standard of quality.
Latest posts by GuestAuthor (see all)
- How New Sales Taxes For Online Purchases Might Affect E-Commerce Businesses #smallbiz - July 12, 2013
- Financing Equipment to Grow or Start a Small Business - July 5, 2013
- 15 Types of Mobile Business Apps - July 1, 2013