The fastest path to success is specializing and collaborating with other specialists. This is not optional because there is simply too much to learn and stay on top of for any one person to be exceptional at it all and still be productive.
Those who build teams of collaborators (or acquire the solutions created by such teams) will have advantages going it alone can not even begin to approach. In Is Blogging Keeping You Poor (posted at CopyBlogger) author Jonathan Morrow wrote:
“One common problem with the do-it-yourself work ethic is that you spend so much time doing all of the basics that you never get to the really important tasks. In the case of bloggers, we invest all of our time into getting attention, but many of us never get around to monetizing that attention.” [Bold and Italics mine.]
While he is speaking specifically about monetizing, I want to point out what a tremendous amount of work is involved in offering a truly world-class blog – and MOST of what is needed behind-the-scenes is NOT the blogger’s core business!
This includes such aspects as hosting, design, plug-ins, widgets and design (logo, slogan, color scheme, layout, and the visible aspects of plug-ins).
BEST BLOG DESIGN CHALLENGES:
Maybe you have the skills to install, host, maintain and design your own blog – but is that REALLY the best use of your time? Have you considered what else could take your blog to the next level? Have you adequately addressed all of these?:
- Design optimized for usability with optimum navigation
- Compatibility with other browsers and operating systems
- Accessibility and Accessibility Issues Due to WordPress Theme Design
- Validating – What have you changed that no longer validates?
Suppose you manage to complete all of the above? The next update or plug-in you add could break some of it. Wouldn’t it be better to put together a group of people who pool their knowledge and resources and create one or more Perfect WordPress Themes that include all of the optimum upgrades?
BENEFITS TO THE COLLABORATORS:
- Better design, testing, and upgrades
- Work with and learn from the very best
- Time to focus on your own specialties
What I’m proposing is a joint venture to design one or more WordPress Themes. Each participant would be permitted to use the design(s) on their own blogs and projects. The collaborators could decide to sell the themes and turn-key hosted packages using them with any income shared by those who contributed the most and provide installation, hosting, and maintenance.
I volunteer input and beta testing, knowledge of usability, online marketing and to spread the word using social networking. I also seek to provide free promotion and recommendations to the experts involved. I am not interested in deriving any income from such a collaboration; it is enough to me that more people benefit from turn-key WordPress blogs.
If anyone knows of truly optimized WP Themes that already exist or any groups already doing this please comment. If you are an expert or know one who may be interested we’d love to hear from you. Join us in the WordPress Theme Joint Venture room at FriendFeed.
RESOURCES ON COLLABORATING:
- Real Collaboration
- Why Strategic Collaboration is the Secret to 21st Century Success
- Global Mass Collaboration
- How I Highjacked CopyBlogger
WORDPRESS REFERENCE RESOURCES:
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- Internet Business Insights Book: FREE Success Tips from 102 Entrepreneurs - July 9, 2017
- DirJournal Offers 25% Discount on Permanent Listings and Free Listings in 6 Partner Directories - June 22, 2017
- DirJournal 10th Anniversary: Win Cash, Free Listings, iPhone 7 Plus #giveaway Ends Midnight 6/12/17 - June 12, 2017