This is a guest post from Murray’s new video project The Future of Engagement showing the impact of Audi including a hashtag for their new commercial about LED headlights being as “close to daylight” as you can get.
In the video, Murray says he chose Audi because they were very creative last year and they were the first advertiser to include a hashtag in their ads.
This past weekend was the Super Bowl, which can be as much an advertising event as a football game. Audi’s commercial shows an Audi pulling up to a vampire party at a bonfire and accidentally vaporizing the terrified vampires.
They pushed the messaging on Twitter through the #solongvampires tag. Here’s a look at what kind of a bite the video campaign took out of social media’s neck:
- Audi used #SoLongVampires hashtag to extend the campaign to Twitter, and pushed traffic to the USA Today Admeter where it became the #8 most popular Super Bowl ad.
- Topsy shows the #solongvampires hashtag as been tweeted 3,581 times to date.
- 4x increase in mentions during the week leading up to the Super Bowl.
- The commercial got more than 4.8 million views on YouTube by the Monday morning after the Super Bowl. Watch it here. As of Wed Feb 7 at 4:00 CST the Audi Vampire commercial has had 6.4 million views.
Mentions of Audi related to their Super Bowl #solongvampires campaign
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- How to Interact with Passionate Shoppers in G+ Communities - November 27, 2016
- Dominate Search Engines | Skyrocket Your Page Views Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Cyber Monday 20% OFF Sale - November 25, 2016
- Skyrocket Your Traffic and Income Ecourse - November 10, 2016