AKISMET TEST PAGES NO LONGER WORK!!! All our blogs use the GrowMap anti-spambot plugin now. Use this link to another Akismet Test instead. (Thanks to Web Designer BB Web Consult of Barcelona, Spain)
UPDATE: the new GASP Anti-Spam WordPress plugin has been released and is available in the WordPress Plugin Repository.
THIS is the ALTERNATIVE TO AKISMET that provides the SOLUTION to being Flagged as a Spammer! Spread it throughout the blogosphere and your comments will work again.
Before you go out visiting other blogs and commenting, it is a good idea to check to see if Akismet has you flagged as a spammer.
Copy your comment and paste it into Notepad or Tomboy Notes BEFORE YOU CLICK SUBMIT!
If your tests show that your comments are being sent directly to spam and you do not get a message that your comment is being moderated or a white page, contact the blogger using their contact form or Twitter or any other means you have and ask them to rescue your comment.
If you see a white page your comment as been deleted. You will not be able to comment in that blog until the blogger changes their Akismet configuration OR you get unflagged as a spammer. We recommend you send them a link to our post about Configuring Akismet.
Since Akismet removed the test page, we are temporarily providing test posts in two of our newer (unlaunched) blogs. Simply go to either of the Akismet Test Pages below enter your comments.
AKISMET TEST PAGES NO LONGER WORK!!! All our blogs use the GrowMap anti-spambot plugin now.
- Akismet Test Page using Akismet 2.2.7
- Akismet Test Page using Akismet 2.2.9
- NOTE: I am seeing references to Akismet 2.3.0 being released; however, that version is not showing as the latest version tonight on the official site. We have not seen it and do not have it installed anywhere.
If you do not immediately see your comments either the specific wording you used in your comment or your name, URL or IP address has been flagged by Akismet as spam and NONE of your comments will appear immediately in ANY WordPress blog using Akismet (which is most of them).
The option to only allow comments to be visible after one comment has been approved is NOT enabled in either of those blogs so all comments left should immediately appear unless your comment is captured by Akismet.
If your comment does not immediately appear or you ever see a blank white page or no message indicating that your comment is being moderated, contact Akismet to request you be removed as a spammer. For best results, be sure to include all of the information you use when commenting.
I also recommend you include your current IP address which you can easily get by going to What is my IP. Many Internet Service Providers assign a different IP address each time you go online so even if they unflag the IP address you provide you may still have future problems.
If you are now or have ever been flagged as a spammer by Akismet please comment in our post Akismet Thinks We Are Spammers. Bloggers need to see that this is not an uncommon occurence and it DOES affect many of their regular readers and commentators.
MORE ABOUT AKISMET on GROWMAP:
- Akismet is Deleting Comments Bloggers Never See
- Find Out if Akismet Has You Flagged as a Spammer
- Configuring Akismet: How to Turn Off Akismet Automatic Comment Deletion
- Business Friendly Akismet Free DoFollow Blog List
BLOGGERS POSTING THEY’VE BEEN FLAGGED BY AKISMET:
- Blog Template Designer ~ BlogsWithWings ~ My Comments are Not Showing Up Because Akismet is Blocking Me
- DragonBlogger ~ Get Off Akismet Spam List
- Zemalf ~ How to Stop Your Blog Comments From Being Blocked by Akismet
- AndyBeard ~ Akismet False Positives and SpamKarma Configuration (Published May 31, 2007 – this problem has been around a LONG time!)
Latest posts by Gail Gardner (see all)
- One Foot on the Golf Course: The Facts About Partial Retirement - February 27, 2014
- 5 Ways to Encourage Social Media Sharing #smm - February 25, 2014
- How Grabbing Drinks After Work is Killing Your Budget - February 25, 2014